Registered Nurse - T9 The Birth Center
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2020
END DATE 9/26/2020
HOME NURSING AGENCY
T9 - LDRP (THE BIRTHCENTER)
.9 FULL-TIME, NIGHT SHIFT WITHROTATION PRN
POSTED: 8/14/2020 UPMC ALTOONA IS SEEKING AREGISTERED NURSE TO SUPPORT OUR TEAM ON NIGHT SHIFT FOR THE BIRTHCENTER!
THIS POSITION IS ELIGIBLE FOR A GENEROUS SIGN-ONBONUS! WHETHER YOU RE A RECENT GRADUATE NURSE LOOKING TO LAUNCH YOURNURSING CAREER, OR A SEASONED RN SEEKING A CHANGE, NOW IS YOUR MOMENT TO FINDYOUR PLACE AT UPMC!
SIGN-ON BONUS DETAILS (FULL TIME OR FLEX FULL TIMESTATUS) * $10,000SIGN-ON BONUS AVAILABLE FOR NURSES WITH OVER TWO YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
* $5,000SIGN-ON BONUS AVAILABLE FOR GRADUATE NURSES AND NURSES WITH LESS THAN TWO YEARSOF EXPERIENCE
*PART TIME STATUS POSITIONS ARE ALSO ELIGIBLE FOR SIGN-ONBONUS AT A PRORATED AMOUNT - $5,000 FOR EXPERIENCED NURSES WITH OVER 2 YEARS OFEXPERIENCE, AND $2,500 FOR GNS AND NURSES WITH LESS THAN 2 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE PURPOSE:
Provides direct and indirect care to patients utilizing the nursing process. Provides leadership for the nursing team, and contributes to the education of a variety of members of the staff and students.
* Completes annual competency validation activities.
* Utilizes Bed Management System, Alpha, CPOE, and all other computer systems appropriately.
* Identified potential problems and initiates appropriate measures.
* Serves as a consultant to other members of the health-care team.
* Adheres to universal precautions.
* Identifies environmental factors which deter effective patient care, initiates action, and contributes ideas towards resolution.
* Planning :a.Includes the patient and family/significant other in the formulation of the plan of care. b. Prioritizes patient's needs appropriately. c. Plans, conducts, and documents patient care conferences. d. Maintains a current plan of care for each assigned patient. e. Utilizes appropriate community agencies and other health care professionals in planning care.
* Assessment:a. Assesses patient and family needs and documents this information appropriately in the computer or on appropriate form. b. Reassesses patient every eight hours, and, as necessary.
* Demonstrates professionalism in providing patient care.
* Complies with established occupational exposure policies.
* Evaluation:a. Revises plan of care, as necessary based on daily evaluation of patient. b. Evaluates patient's outcome based on previously defined goals. c. Evaluates and documents the patient's response to care, teaching, and treatment.
* Maintains proficiency and competency in point of care testing as defined in the evaluation criteria established by the laboratory.
* Implementation: a. Utilizes nursing care protocols and standards. b. Carries out and documents procedures according to Hospital Policy. c. Performs technical skills safely and accurately, and demonstrates a working knowledge of equipment. d. Transcribes and implements physicians' orders appropriately. e. Demonstrates knowledge of the physiological basis for the nursing care delivery. f. Demonstrates knowledge of medication and IV therapy administration according to policy. g. Initiates and coordinates health teaching for patients and families/significant other based on individual needs.
* Engages the medical staff and other professionals in discussion of patient care problems resulting in mutually developed plans of care.
EDUCATION AND FORMAL TRAININGREQUIRED: * Must be a graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, BSN preferred.
* Must hold a current license to practice nursing in the State of Pennsylvania.
* Must satisfactorily complete the Nursing Department's orientation program and probationary period.
* Must complete NIHSS education prior to end of orientation period, if required.
* Experience Required: None, RN experience preferred.
* Must complete the Trauma Nurse Course within one year of hire.
* Must maintain eight stroke and six trauma competencies per year.
* Must attend Trauma Symposium yearly.
* ACLS preferred, BLS required.
* Ortho and or Neuro care experience preferred.
* Current proficiency preferred in skilled initiation and maintenance of IV Therapy in all age levels.
* Previous experience preferred in initiation and maintenance of Intravascular Access devices.
* Knowledge of troubleshooting methods and prior experience in administration of Cathflo for poorly functioning or clotted Central venous lines and ports preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATIONS, AND CLEARANCES:
CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
* Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
* Neonatal Resuscitation Certification OR Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
* Registered Nurse (RN)
* Act 33 with renewal
* Act 34 with renewal
* Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal