Registered Nurses 8/21/2020
Spectrum Healthcare Resources
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Spectrum Healthcare Resources has an opportunity for a civilian Full Time Registered Nurse Supervisor Behavioral Health at the Fort Belvoir-sponsored Family Health Centers in Dumfries, VA.
This contract position offers:
- Monday-Friday daytime hours
- Health, Dental and 401(k) benefits
- Outpatient Setting
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Triage patients, eliciting needed information to determine the nature and urgency of Behavioral Health problems. Evaluates and directs patients to the appropriate level of care and provides pertinent patient education.
- Facilitates telephone communication between health care providers and patients. Provides telephonic nursing advice as appropriate. Oversees and advises assigned Behavioral Health LPNs in the management of Secure Messaging transactions with Behavioral Health patients.
- Collaborates and plans for comprehensive health care with other healthcare team members. Works closely with the Behavioral Health provider team to monitor, track, and manage patients identified as high risk . Collaborates with network sources of Behavioral Health care and ensures longitudinal awareness of care and treatment for identified high risk patients.
- Functions as resource person and facilitate for patients, helps acquaint patient with available community resources, ensure continuity of care and coordination of patient services.
- Ensures accuracy in the medication process, including transport, storage, security, and/or administration of medications.
- Implements the Plan of Care in accordance with established policies, procedures, and practice guidelines in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Manages the HEDIS action lists related to Behavioral Health preventive care and supports communication and collaboration across the Health Center provider teams to promote increases in Behavioral Health related HEDIS performance.
- Provides professional nursing care to all eligible beneficiaries, and provides health information and referral to other appropriate community services.
- Performs comprehensive nursing care to include the following: Screens and triages the patients according to acuity and /or the communicable nature of the illness, uses professional knowledge and judgment to determine which patients require the physician s immediate attention and in which order the others should be seen by the physician.
- Collaborates with Health Center Case Management staff to support on-going case management efforts for Behavioral Health patients with a requirement for Case Management tracking and assistance.
- Assist with ongoing inspection of patient care areas to insure comfortable, orderly, clean and safe environment for patients and staff.
- Promotes and participates in activities, which contributes to the successful achievement of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Performs charge nurse responsibilities; supervising nursing and non-nursing personnel in the provision of patient care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and fundamental skills necessary to organize, prioritize, and deliver age-specific care in a safe and appropriate environment.
- Maintains the privacy and security of all confidential and protected health information.
The Registered Nurse Behavioral Health will have the following requirements:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Shall have completed a Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited college or university; and/or graduate of an accredited National League of Nursing (NLN) School.
- Have and maintain a current and valid state license (with no limitations, stipulations, or pending adverse actions) to practice as a Registered Nurse in one of the 50 States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- 2+ years of RN Behavioral Health experience preferred within last 5 years,
- Working knowledge of interdisciplinary treatment team process, behavioral health programming and daily nursing functions for outpatient behavioral health.
- Have and maintain current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS).
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with patients and other staff members.
- Qualified candidate will have advanced written and verbal communication skills and be able to demonstrate initiative and proactively engage in necessary patient care activities described above.
- Have knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing, data entry, and automated records.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources (SHR) was established in 1988 to deliver systems and processes designed to meet the unique needs of Military and VA Health Systems. SHR is a leading organization that provides physician and clinical staffing and management services to United States Military Treatment Facilities, VA clinics and other Federal Agencies through various contracting vehicles. A Joint Commission Health Care Staffing Services firm, SHR is the military staffing division of TeamHealth, a Nationwide organization that serves 850 civilian and military hospitals with a team of 9,600 affiliated health care professionals.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.