Yale New Haven Health
New London, CT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Registrar Provides Access To Healthcare By Performing The Following Services In A Professional, Compassionate, And Cost-Effective Manner: Registration Of Inpatient And Outpatient Patients; Clerical Processing For Pre-Admission Testing, Admitting Of Patients; On-Site Registration For Emergency And Outpatient Services, Occupancy Control, And Quality Improvement.
* 1. Conducts Interviews With Patients In Person Or By Phone.
* 2. Obtains Accurate Demographic And Financial Information.
* 3. Collects Co-Pays.
* 4. Performs Icd(X) Coding.
* 5. Performs Medical Necessity Screening And Communicates With Physician?S Office To Obtain Correct Diagnosis.
* 6. Prepares All Related Forms, Patient Card And Id Bracelet.
* 7. Receives And Disseminates Information From Other Departments, Physicians, And Patients.
* 8. Prepares Appropriate And Necessary Documentation For Each Patient Visit Based On Type Of Visit.
* 9. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
* 10. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
High School Diploma Or Equivalent
Good Keyboarding Skills, Computer Experience, Customer Service And Medical Terminology Required. Excellent Customer Service Skill And Ability To Perform Basic Math Logic.
Must Demonstrate The Ability To Learn Quickly And Handle Multiple Tasks While Remaining Calm And Focused. Must Be Detail Oriented. Must Be Able To Follow Oral And Written Instructions. Must Be Able To Maintain Accurate Records. Must Be Able To Listen, Communicate Effectively, And Work Closely With Others In A Team Setting.