Relationship Manager (Middle Market) 7/13/2019
City National Bank
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
About City National Bank of Florida
Headquartered in Miami, City National Bank (CNB) is the financial institution to which Floridians have turned fto or more than 70 years. With more than $15 billion in assets, CNB is one of the largest financial institutions based in the state. City National Bank is a subsidiary of Chilean bank, Banco de Credito e Inversiones (Bci), and remains a South Florida-based community bank with local decision-making. City National Bank is rated 5 stars "Superior" by BauerFinancial. CNB was voted Best Community Bank, Best Business Bank, Best Bank for Commercial Real Estate, Best Bank for Jumbo Loans, Best Private Bank and Best Foreign National Mortgage Lender by the readers of the Daily Business Review. CNB offers a diversified portfolio of financial products and services from Miami-Dade County to Central Florida.
The Relationship Manager will focus on the Middle Market segment, targeting companies with larger revenue size ($10MM+ revenue market).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Manage existing commercial loan customer base and develop new business from referral sources and through cold calling efforts. Targeted business revenue size of $10MM to $250MM.
* Increase the Bank s profitability by cultivating new commercial business relationships
* Maintain and develop existing portfolio by assessing and meeting client s business and personal needs
* Negotiate proper loan structures and effectively cross sell products
* Maintain properly documented files and manage renewals and collection efforts on past due and defaulted loans
* Maintains comprehensive understanding of current on commercial products offered in the market and keeps informed of all relevant industry trends and practices.
* Effectively manage the tracking of call activity and pipeline opportunities via the CRM system
* Five + years experience in Commercial Lending.
* In-depth understanding of commercial industry, business development techniques and credit decisions
* Proven business development track record, with proven ability to conceptualize and implement effective new business strategies
* Extensive network of outside referral sources for new business
* Excellent credit and financial analysis skills
* Effective negotiation skills.
* Bachelor s degree in Business Administration or an equivalent preferred.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
* Reasonable accommodation may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to complete the online application process. Please contact our Human Resources Department at 305-577-7680 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.