This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 3/26/2020
END DATE 4/22/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONParexel has an exciting opportunity for a Build Release Engineer to join our enterprise development team. This individual will sit in our Durham, NC office!
- Minimize manual work through automation.
- Build and maintain continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines
- Participate in code reviews, technical discussions and project meetings
- Development of automation scripts
- Work closely with Development and Infrastructure teams to maintain, manage and enhance the platforms
- Support the release management process, ensuring that all production changes and releases are processed according to Change Management policies and procedures
- Educate and provide development with the tools to use the platform autonomously and safely
- Respond timely to technical tasks and all requests
- Effectively prioritize and manage the resolution of requests including pro-active communications and responsive follow through
- Maintain and monitor system health and application availability
- Fostering an environment of continuous improvement
- Lead and maintain discipline around build and release operations, best-practices, and protocols across the entire development teamQualifications
- Comfortable with working in both Unix and Windows Environments
- Experience with Python, Java, or C# (educational experience is sufficient)
- Understanding of container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Clear communication skills and a diligent mindset - Consider documentation and reproducibility a critical feature
- A constant will to learn and grow, and to share knowledge with others
- A passion for collaboration
- Ability to effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously and contend with competing priorities.Preferred:
- Experience using Jira as well as other tracking tools
- Working experience with but not limited to SQL queries, Bash, Batch, Perl, Python, Groovy, and Powershell
- Experience with source code management such as GIT and SVN
- Having Azure DevOps experience is a big plusEEO DisclaimerParexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.