RELIEF BEHAVIOR TECHNICIAN II 8/21/2020
Lakeview Center Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION/JOB SUMMARY
Lakeview Center is best known for its caring, compassionate treatment for people with mental health issues, drug and alcohol dependencies, or intellectual disabilities. The breadth and depth of these services are the most comprehensive in the region. They range from inpatient and residential treatment to a gamut of outpatient programs including trauma services, psychiatry, counseling, day treatment, and intensive, round-the-clock outpatient services to help people with severe mental illnesses safely remain in the community. We reach people of all ages from babies and children to adolescents and adults. In all, we offer more than 60 programs and services for the people of Northwest Florida.
A Behavior Health Technician assists the counselors/therapeutic/nursing staff by providing clinical support to adults and children who are receiving substance abuse, mental health services or co-occurring disorders in residential programs, inpatient settings, day/evening programs, outpatient programs and/or community-based programs.
This position is responsible for, but is not limited to:
* Establishing a positive helping relationship with persons receiving services.
* Assisting persons receiving services to complete activities of daily living, including accessing needed resources, and building functional, pro-social relationships with others.
* Ensuring the health, safety, and well-being of person receiving services.
* Implementing specific interventions according to the person s treatment or service plan.
* Monitoring and documenting the person s progress.
* High School Diploma or GED required.
* At least one (1) year of experience working directly with seriously emotionally disturbed children or seriously mentally ill adults, or completed one year (24 hours) of college classes.
* Must be able to provide individualized, integrated mental health, substance abuse and co-occurring services to meet the needs of individuals served and their families, as required.
* Good oral and written communication skills.
* Must be able to pass organization screening requirements, including state or federal background screenings as appropriate.
* Must possess a valid driver s license from the state in which you reside, a good driving record and be insurable under the corporate policy.
* Ability to work within the guidelines established in the policies and procedures of the agency and assigned program division. Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with multi disciplinary staff. Ability to recognize signs and symptoms of abuse. Ability to effectively relate to a variety of individuals, including persons living with a mental illness and/or substance use disorder, persons with developmental disabilities, family members of persons served, and coworkers. Ability to problem solve and advocate for persons served. Ability to assist in maintaining a therapeutic milieu.
* Will be required to complete in-service training in the treatment of mental health disorders, abuse regulations and confidentiality.
Will be required travel to and from various contract locations. Will be required to follow Emergency Operations Work Assignment per customer requirements. Schedules are subject to change. May require working early morning, mid morning, afternoon and/or evening hours as well weekends and Holidays.
Interested applicants please visit www.elakeviewcenter.org and complete the on-line application. If you require additional assistance, please call Human Resources at 850-469-3729.
Lakeview Center is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free/Nicotine Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING/NICOTINE TESTING REQUIRED.
Lakeview Center is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, disability, marital status or protected veteran status..