Remote Solutions Architect - Managed Services 8/2/2020
Black Box Network Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition ID
US-PA-Lawrence | US-TX-Richardson | US-CA | US-IL-Elk Grove Village | US-GA | US-MN-Minneapolis | US-NC-Apex | US-AZ-Phoenix
The Managed Services Solution Architect's (SA s) role is one of a pre-sales resource to utilize their technology and operations background to lead the consultative discovery of the client/prospect s business goals, objectives, and challenges and to translate them into effective Managed Services Solution. The SA plays a leadership role, by understanding and analyzing business requirements, presenting related service solutions, and driving the business case and financial justifications. Qualified candidates will possess deep experience in the orchestration of various service and price models using ITSM/ITIL framework, event management, operation management, ticketing, maintenance options, NOC/TAC model. www.bboxservices.com
Preferred locations: Dallas, Raleigh, San Francisco/Bay Area, Chicago, Atlanta, Minneapolis, Pittsburgh, Phoenix, Seattle
Remote available for the right candidate.
* Serve as the Managed Service thought leader and SME across the organization s Managed service product portfolio.
* Manage opportunities and assist sales teams in the preparation and delivery of Managed Services proposals and pricing.
* Work directly with Managed Services Delivery team and Account Sales teams to provide solution leadership, input to field messaging, assist with go to market strategy and support contract negotiations as it pertains to the services solution.
* Assist in identifying, developing and rollout of new service offerings.
* Ensure customer requirements have been understood and incorporated into engagement scope.
* Work directly with customers to transition customers to Black Box s managed services offerings.
* Identify and define specific ITIL-type tasks that will be performed as part of the managed service and their associated measurable outcomes.
* Define skill sets required and assist delivery in identifying staffing candidates and resource selection to drive delivery excellence.
* Develop internal or partner capabilities as required.
* Evangelize and educate Black Box services and products to stakeholders on the capabilities and solution offering.
* Ensure best practices are utilized and constantly updated to take advantage of lessons learned and any field developed IP that may be best practice improvements.
* Build and maintain relationships with sales team as appropriate to identify and cultivate additional opportunities
* Focus on solution development and architectural design for assigned customer base with specific emphasis on the organization s Enterprise Solutions global managed services and communications solutions portfolio.
* Develop solutions/strategies using technology to resolve customer issues and achieve business goals/objectives
* Serve as a deal architect for multi-faceted, multi-year, multi-technology managed service solutions
* Partner with Black Box Global Response Center to build the customer solution
* Develop and deliver solution presentations
* Help develop statement of works (SOWs)
* Understand the competitive landscape and have the ability to clearly articulate the technical differentiation and value proposition associated with Black Box Solutions versus its competitors.
* Achieve sales and profit goals through joint account planning, partner teaming (internal & external), on-site client interface/visits, engagement/solution development and implementation support/follow-up.
* MS or MSc. Highly desirable.
* BS or BA in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent work experience
* 5+ years of experience in managed services practice.
* 3+ years of pre-sale experience managed service, XaaS.
* Clear understanding and implementation experience of KPI and SLA/SLOs.
* Consulting experience; providing customers with strategic and tactical planning for technology solutions.
* Working knowledge in one or more focus areas: service assurance, service delivery, service continuity, service monitoring, business continuity management, automation, data lifecycle management.
* Knowledge of ITSM, ITL and IT Operational Processes.
* Strong business acumen and understanding of clients IT related business goals and challenges to ensure proper translation of the client s needs into technology solutions
* Experience in the development and implementation of managed IT and/or managed Unified Communications solutions with accountability for end-to-end delivery.
* Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively work in a team environment and explain complex system solutions customers.
* Effective written communication skills.
Black Box is a leading technology solutions provider. Our mission is to accelerate our customers business by valuing relationships with our team members, clients and stakeholders. By continuously growing our knowledge, we remain relevant in the market and are in a superior position to help customers design, deploy and manage their IT infrastructure. Through our values, such as innovation, ownership, transparency, respect and open-mindedness, we deliver high-value products and services through our global presence and 2,500+ team members in 24 countries and growing. Black Box is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AGC Networks.
Black Box is an equal opportunity employer. Black Box does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status, and endorses those policies and practices which seek to recruit, hire, train and promote the most qualified persons into available jobs.