Repair Technician 9/13/2020
Long Island, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION :
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe. Position Summary
The primary role of the Repair Technician is to perform repairs on medical instrumentation. Technicians will be trained to become familiar with various types of surgical instruments and understand how to best maintain and repair them. Repairs are completed on a repair truck onsite at a hospital or surgery center. In addition to repair work, Technicians may work with a team including Sales Representatives and RCs (Repair Consultants/Managers) to identify and capitalize on revenue opportunities. Travel requirements may vary by location.
Click the link below to watch a short video that explains more about this opening! Duties * Identifies surgical instruments by various type, use and functionality. Inspects instruments to determine what type of repair and/or adjustment is required.
* Disassembles malfunctioning medical instruments, troubleshoots and uses standardized testing procedures and examines/ tests mechanisms for defects.
* Replaces or repairs defective parts; may require modification or manufacturing replacement components. Reassembles medical instruments or equipment and tests assembly for conformance to specifications.
* Adjusts calibration to ensure functioning within specified standards.
* Works with RC to manage and balance workload to minimize Customer disruption.
* Exercises mechanical skills for precision, alignment, sharpening and repair of surgical instruments.
* Completes all necessary paperwork (i.e., logging instruments and completed repairs).
Education Degree * High School Diploma or GED
Required Experience * One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
* Good hand/eye coordination (manual dexterity), basic organizational and troubleshooting/problem solving skills and attention to detail.
* Willingness to listen and learn, as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
* Willing to work overtime and hours outside normal business hours as needed, based on Customer needs.
* Ability to effectively communicate with Customers, peers and management.
* Mechanical aptitude required.
* Must be able to pass a DOT medical exam.
* Must have a valid driver s license with an acceptable driving record.
* Must be at least 21 years old to meet the FMCSA age requirement for commercial interstate driving.
STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.