Energy Transfer Partners
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY:
The responsibilities of this position provides support to our Eastern Division operations and is a key position of daily field operations within the Edgerton area. This position will train to qualify in the Regulatorman duties and responsibilities, while providing support in assisting with damage prevention activities, responding to one calls, is a liaison between the Company and landowners as well as maintaining all documentation for required maintenance and testing that has to be done per regulations. This position will perform all duties and skills required for company operations and maintenance with a minimum of supervision, including troubleshooting and repair of facilities and associated equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duties satisfactorily. The requirements for this position are listed below:
* Obtain necessary Operator Qualifications (OQ) to comply with Federal and State laws and Company procedures.
Learn operations of mainline compressor stations, meter and regulator stations and associated pipeline facilities.
Performance of predictive & preventative maintenance tasks on natural gas compression and related equipment, pumps, valves and pipelines, etc. * Performs repairs to natural gas regulators and valves.
* Maintain meter stations and sites.
* Read/interpret regulator and valve manuals/drawings.
* Read/interpret pipeline maps and drawings.
* Assist in construction projects and the repair of pipeline facilities.
* General plant maintenance duties such as painting, sweeping, cleaning, etc.
* Locate and mark pipelines for line locate.
Investigate encroachments on pipelines and assist in the maintenance and repair of pipelines. * Installation of pipeline markers and maintenance of right-of-way.
* Complies with Company safety procedures and policies.
* Attend meetings and participate in the safety meetings.
* Maintains good housekeeping practices.
Complies with company policies concerning regulatory compliance and assist in documentation of compliance. * Required to work overtime and will be subject to callouts.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements for this position are listed below:
* High school education or equivalent.
* Must possess a current driver s license.
* Candidate must live within 40 miles of the reporting location.
* Strong mechanical background, working knowledge of engines, electric motors, compressors, valves and pipeline equipment.
* Should have or develop the ability to read and understand piping schematics, drawings and operating procedures.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
* Driving, walking, and standing frequently.
* Lifting up to 50 pounds occasionally.
* Working in an operational setting that may include exposure to various materials and chemicals, as well as extreme temperature conditions and loud machinery, which will require appropriate personal protective equipment.
* The position is subject to call-out during off-duty hours, including the weekend.
* The position will require up to 5% travel.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet