Replenishment Planning Analyst 8/21/2020
The Boston Beer Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are The Boston Beer Company. We brew the best beer. We hire the best people.
We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking people who love beer and want to join our team. We work hard and we play hard. Think you have what it takes?
We are currently hiring a REPLENISHMENT PLANNING ANALYST in Boston, MA.
The primary function of the Replenishment Planning Analyst is to manage the customer demand signal by forecasting the needs of the wholesaler network with the highest level of accuracy. The Replenishment Planning Analyst works to maintain an accurate demand signal, provides issue analysis to the Distribution Team as needed and supports standard work for the use and management of internal software. This role is critical to providing a clear, up-to-date replenishment signal for the Distribution team that returns accurate demand signals to breweries and provides wholesalers with accurate sales orders that results in low inventory levels, high in-stock levels and minimal obsolescence.
WHAT YOU\'LL DO:
* Primary ownership of Seasonal and New Item forecasting, ensuring timely setup, maintenance and shut down for seasonals and successful forecasting of new items
* Cultivate in-depth knowledge of replenishment software capabilities, curate best practices for forecasting all types of SKUs and product families including existing, new and seasonal items.
* Ongoing maintenance of replenishment software settings and parameters with a focus on alignment to company policies for desired stocking levels
* Provide creative solutions to complex demand management issues.
* Support Distribution Team with ad hoc issue analysis and other supplementary data support
* Develop tools and reporting to proactively manage forecasts providing clear and realistic wholesaler replenishment forecasts, at both aggregate and disaggregate levels.
* Manage customer demand signal with the end goal of maintaining lower inventories, increased in stock rates and decreased obsolescence across the wholesaler network.
* Identify and report opportunities for improvement to direct manager. Be able to provide ideas or solutions for improvement along with definitions of success. Ability to capture the baseline and show performance after implementation.
* Manage scarcity and allocation analysis
* Communicate concisely and clearly in verbal and written formats
* Share best practices amongst the team and create process documentation as necessary
* Develop strong professional relationships with internal and external customers
* Act in a manner that is consistent with the values of The Boston Beer Company
* Special projects as designated by the Sr. Manager of Supply Chain Planning
WHAT WE\'RE LOOKING FOR:
* BS or BA
* BS/BA in Business Administration, Economics, or Supply Chain
* 1 years of inventory management, distribution, forecasting or business analysis
* Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
* Proficiency in Cognos or other similar BI tools
Our people are our most important ingredient. We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program with a generous company match. Not to mention, theres the free beer too!
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact email@example.com for assistance.