Reporting Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2020
END DATE 9/20/2020
Lawrence Township, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAre you actively seeking for a new CLINICAL EARLY DEVELOPMENT PROJECT MANAGER (REPORTING PROJECT MANAGER) in LAWRENCE, NEW JERSEY area or know someone that is? I have a CONTRACT opportunity with an American pharmaceutical company that manufactures prescription pharmaceuticals and biologics in several therapeutic areas, including cancer, HIV/AIDS, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, hepatitis, rheumatoid arthritis, and psychiatric disorders. If you meet the requirements, please send me your updated resume to KELLY.HUA@YOH.COM.
POSITION: EARLY DEVELOPMENT PROJECT MANAGER
The Senior Project Manager partners with the Early Development Program Lead (DPL) to lead the Early Development Program Team (EDPT) to successfully shape and execute the project and drug development strategies, as well as appropriate lifecycle planning. The Sr. Project Manager is accountable for the cross-functional execution of multiple integrated development plans including management of timelines, cost, quality, and risk mitigation. The Sr. Project Manager provides an independent voice to shape the project strategy and drive optimal decisions for the broader portfolio value. This position can be assigned to any therapeutic area and work on projects at any stage of development, but the focus for this position will be emphasis in early development (pre-FIH to proof of concept).
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* The Senior Project Manager leads project management for one or more EDPTS focused on our most complex, and high priority programs. In this capacity, they may provide oversight to other PMs.
* Partners with the Early Development Program Lead (EDPL) to foster a high performing team and monitor the health and operating efficiency of the team as a unit
* Leads creation of team norms and operating principles with a focus on cross-functional input and accountability, and robust analysis of vetted options
* Acts as an integrator within the Early Development Program Team (EDPT) and across the enterprise to ensure alignment and connect best practices for programs entering Phase 1 to Phase 2.
* Facilitates effective, science-based business decisions including development of scenarios as needed. Ensures all decisions are assessed as to their impacts and communicated to stakeholders in a transparent and timely manner
* Highlights interdependencies and downstream impacts of strategic decisions
* Proactively identifies risks and ensures mitigation plans are implemented
* Develops and coordinates resource planning across functions to assure adequate resources are applied to the project
* Advise on governance expectations with focus on cross-functional input and rigorous debate
* Coaches project team members and others to drive excellence and accountability, and develop talent pipeline for DPT membership
* Change Agent for continuous improvement and transformational initiatives
* For projects that are being jointly developed, works closely with a key strategic alliance partner
* Acts a leader in the PM organization to help build cross-portfolio capability by sharing best practices, connecting across the portfolio, and coaching more junior PMs
* Bachelors degree in Life Sciences, Physical sciences or relevant discipline, advanced degree preferred
* Five (5) or more years of demonstrated drug development project management experience with 7+ years of relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry
* Functional experience in clinical operations, Discovery, CMC, regulatory affairs, or other scientific discipline preferred
* Breadth of drug development expertise with solid understanding of project interdependencies and disease content to contribute to strategic discussions with a heavy emphasis on scientific rigor
* The ideal candidate will have experience with early drug discovery into first in human through proof of concept studies with a deep understanding of the necessary steps required for initial competent authority submissions (i.e. IND, CTA)
* Broad range of leadership skills including situational leadership and ability to influence without authority
* Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a cross-functional environment
* Strong communicator able to integrate and succinctly summarize the various parts of a project and effectively tailor messages to audience incl. senior leaders
* Ability to resolve complex problems and manage difficult stakeholder situations
* Ability to lead the development of critical path analyses and support scenario planning to achieve goals/timelines
* Excellent Project Management Skills - drives execution while balancing speed, quality, and cost.