Research Assistant I- CRI 11/19/2019
UT Southwestern Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
* Master's degree with major coursework in field of assignment and no experience required.
* Bachelor's degree with major coursework in field of assignment and one (1) year research experience at level of Research Technician or equivalent.
* Two (2) years college with emphasis in coursework in field of assignment and four (4) years research experience including two (2) years at level of Research Technician or equivalent.
* High school graduation or GED and six (6) years research experience to include two (2) years at level of Research Technician or equivalent.
The laboratory is seeking a highly motivated and driven individual in our brand-new lab space. The research is focused on understanding the molecular mechanisms controlling cellular metabolism, in the context of cancer and aging. The successful candidate will be an integral part of the Lab, actively participating in the lab meetings, discussions, and contributing to publications. The candidate will have the opportunity to be involved in the primary research projects, using biochemistry, molecular biology, and cell biology, combined with unbiased systematic approaches, including metabolomics, proteomics and bioinformatics. Exceptional candidates will have an opportunity to conduct an independent research project. Secondary responsibilities of the candidate will include standard duties related to lab management, including reagent ordering and monitoring of laboratory supplies.
* Performs more difficult scientific and medical research work in science area such as biology, chemistry, physics, or other related scientific field.
* Constructs, assembles, and operates laboratory equipment and apparatus.
* Records and evaluates data obtained from work assignments for use in scientific papers.
* Collaborates with supervisor or other research personnel in preparation of scientific papers for publication.
* Reads literature and confers with supervisor concerning procedures and implementation.
* Collects and organizes research data for project reports.
* May plan for, and provide working supervision to, work of Research Technicians or other laboratory personnel of lower grade.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression..