RESEARCH ASSISTANT I / DAY / 40 HOURS / BWH NEUROLOGY 8/25/2020
Brigham & Women's Hospital(BWH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GENERAL SUMMARY/OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Harvard Aging Brain Study investigators at Brigham and Women s Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital are looking for a Research Assistant to coordinate the development and implementation of a novel, smart-phone based cognitive test: the Boston Remote Assessment of NeuroCognitive Health (BRANCH), created by Drs. Kathryn Papp and Rebecca Amariglio. This role will involve working closely with study investigators on the design of the application, coordinating pilot studies, including implementing in existing protocols, monitoring completion and dataflow, and maintaining regulatory documents. This position will also include some data collection across multiple study protocols. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone interested in research experience for pursuing a career in neuropsychology, cognitive neuroscience, cognitive and behavioral neurology, or similar.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Working with the BRANCH programmers & investigators to add/remove stimuli, testing variations after stimuli are replaced, adding/removing tasks.
* Downloading and cleaning BRANCH data.
* Initiating new BRANCH participants, sequences, and assignments in the BRANCH system.
* Recruiting additional participants from existing registries and other sources.
* Work with BRANCH investigators and the Data & Informatics Core on data analysis.
* Scheduling appointments and assuring completion of visits.
* Assist with IRB submissions.
* Interacting with regulatory personnel.
* Administering cognitive testing and behavioral questionnaires for multiple research studies.
* Reviewing study details and obtaining informed consent from potential subjects.
* Attending outreach/recruitment events in the community
* Assisting PI with his/her analyses, as well as working on own analyses and publications.
* B.A/B.S. with background in pre-med, psychology, neuroscience or related field required. Experience in a clinical research setting is a plus.
* Strong computer skills.
* Ability to work well independently, prioritizing work according to and within established study protocols.
* Excellent organizational skills to accomplish a variety of responsibilities and to establish and maintain efficient systems.
* Excellent interpersonal skills to be able to interact with a variety of people in person and on the telephone. Must be able to relate well with subjects, physicians, technologists and administrators.
* Ability to work under stress and within deadlines, the clinical research setting is a very busy and demanding environment.
* Experience with word processing software and Microsoft Excel.
* Bilingual- English/Spanish desired, but not required.
* Photoshop experience desired, but not required.
* Experience with data and basic statistics (e.g., R, SPSS) desired, but not required.
* Office and clinic environment.
Brigham and Women's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.