Research Scientist 8/25/2020
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
The Research Scientist will work independently under direction of PI. Candidate will join a disease-oriented team involved in understanding and devising a therapeutic for X-linked diseases, including Rett Syndrome, Fragile X Syndrome, and autism.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The position will involve a combination of independent work as well as close collaboration with students, fellows, clinicians and bioinformaticians. The candidate should be able to train the staff in the basic theory and practical implementation of the instrumentation. Because of the interactive nature of our lab, excellent oral and written communication skills are also critical.
Specific Duties include but are not limited to:
Design, execute, and synthesize data collected from research experiments that may include Molecular Biology, Cell Culture and Animal Surgery.
Train investigators in techniques relating to genetic analysis, molecular experimentation, small animal surgery, and data processing.
Generate and assemble data into figures and text for publication
Interface with laboratory personnel as needed to help train/mentor new lab members
Contribute to scientific literature and present research at scientific forums
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and productively.
* Strong research design and analytical skills
* Demonstrated ability to problem solve
* Strong teaching skills and ability to supervise trainees and students
* Ideal candidate will have experience in basic molecular biology, molecular cloning, stem cell culture, PCR, protein/DNA/RNA blotting, ChIP, CRISPR.
* Proven experience with mouse genetics, mouse physiology, mouse disease modeling is a plus
* Strong Communication and interpersonal skills
* PhD required in Molecular biology or in biomedical field
* 5 years of postdoctoral research experience required
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.