This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/4/2020
END DATE 7/7/2020
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
We are looking for a motivated, team-oriented individual to join a Developmental Biology Research Laboratory at Massachusetts General Hospital. The ideal applicant should be a highly enthusiastic and self-driven individual, committed to learning and working to contribute to advances in biology and medicine. He or she should demonstrate excellent organizational and communication skills and have the ability to prioritize multiple tasks. Experience with mammalian cell culture and/or microscopy is particularly desirable. In addition to providing technical research support to lab members, the position entails responsibilities of ordering supplies and lab organization. It is a great opportunity for someone interested in graduate school or medical school in the future. We are looking for someone who can start no later than May. MGH offers excellent health insurance and benefits.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Please note, the functions below are representative of major duties that are typically associated with these positions. Specific responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs. Similarly, not all duties that have been outlined will be assigned to each position.
* Prepares basic solutions and performs base-level procedures as assigned (i.e. pipetting, cell and tissue culture, etc.)
* Maintains laboratory notebook
* Understands and applies basic scientific techniques
* Conducts analysis of results and may begin interpretation of results
* Sets up and prepares routine experiments as directed
* Prepares lab reagents, chemicals, instruments and equipment
* May perform independent literature searches
* Assists with organizing materials for publication or presentation
* Maintains and orders supplies
A Research Technician II performs the duties of a Research Technician I (above) and may also:
* Execute protocols of non-routine experiments
* Assist the PI(s) with determining the most suitable methodology
* Perform basic design and modification of protocols
* Calculate, transcribe and analyze data
* Prepare and present reports
* Organize and summarize acquired data, using scientific and statistical techniques.
* Organize and/or draft material for the preparation of research papers, manuscripts and other documents for publication and/or presentation.
* Participate in the design of experiments or field work.
* Ability to work independently and as a team member
* Good communication skills
* Computer literacy
* Working knowledge of clinical research protocols
* Ability to perform multiple tasks independently
The Research Technician II should also possess:
* Analytical skills and the ability to resolve technical problems
* Ability to interpret acceptability of data results
* Working knowledge of data management programs
* Demonstrated competence in research techniques and methodologies
* Bachelors degree required.
* New graduates with some lab experience (via course work, internships, etc.) or those without any prior research experience will be considered for the Research Technician I position outlined above.
* Those with a minimum of 1 year of directly related work experience will be considered for a Research Technician II position.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY (if applicable):
* A Research Technician II may serve as a team leader to lab assistants and Research Technician Is.
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.