This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2020
END DATE 10/21/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONInnovation fuels us! That's why we are a world leader in providing building materials solutions. Whether creating new technologies or streamlining and improving existing products, our teams take part in writing the next chapter of our history. Join our team as a Research Technologist in our beautiful Littleton, CO Technical Center, and help support building insulation product testing and development.
The Research Technologist role is to support testing and development of spray polyurethane foam (SPF) insulation, as well as other building insulation products. This critical position will be responsible for maintaining SPF spray booth and test equipment, following established Environmental Health & Safety protocol for SPF chemicals, conducting product testing, compiling data, and supporting the SPF product team. Product testing will support product development, product improvements, process improvements, cost-out projects, and competitive evaluations.
* Prepare laboratory scale batches of SPF formulations
* Perform spray evaluations and prepare samples for testing
* Follow established Environmental Health & Safety handling, spill management, and disposal for all materials including SPF chemicals
* Conduct physical property testing of SPF and other building insulation products
* Collect, compile, and report physical property test data for product engineers
* Service and maintain spray booth and laboratory equipment including pumps, proportioners, spray guns, and physical property test equipment
* Assist with product demonstrations and training for sales team, field tech team, and customers
* Occasionally participate in development and trial work at manufacturing plants and customer jobsites
* May be required to perform other related duties as assigned
* High School with a minimum of 8 years industrial experience or Associates Degree with a minimum of 6 years industrial experience, or Bachelor of Science Degree with 3 years of industry expereince
* Meets or exceeds JM requirements for safety
* Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment
* Ability to interface at various levels of the organization, both internally and externally
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
* Detail oriented, hands-on, mechanically inclined
* Ability to use proper personal protective equipment including full-face mask or hood with fresh air source, or air purifying respirator
* Travel requirements are project dependent, typically 0%-5%
* Work environment is typical of a research and development facility; when running pilot/plant trails may be exposed to environmental conditions of cold, heat, high noise levels, moving mechanical parts, heights, dust/mist/gas/fumes, extensive walking or climbing, etc.
* Able to lift 50lbs
Incumbent must be physically able to perform essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions
With Johns Manville you can take pride in helping our team to deliver products that make a difference in the markets that we serve. You'll have the benefit of a supportive environment with good people who care, plus the opportunity for continued growth in your career. Johns Manville brings stability and a space for innovative thinking. Bring your purpose and desire to grow and in return you'll receive competitive pay, annual merit increases, a generous 401k match, paid holidays and vacation, education reimbursement and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans.
Why Johns Manville
Johns Manville is a proud member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, serving customers in more than 80 countries, supplying innovative products to the construction, aerospace, automotive, filtration and energy industries. With a more than 160-year legacy, we understand that our story continues to grow only with the right people saying, thinking and doing the right things. Make your story our story.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.