Resident Care Manager - MDS Nurse - Job Located in WA or OR
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/2/2019
END DATE 10/1/2019
Prestige Care, Inc
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONUp to $10,000 in sign-on bonus + relocation benefits!:
We have many nursing leadership roles in Washington and Oregon. Contact email@example.com for more information today!:
The Resident Care Manager/Registered Nurse provides and plans the daily nursing activities and care as prescribed by the physician and in accordance with accepted standards of nurse practice and regulations. Promotes a positive physical and psychosocial environment for the residents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* The Resident Care Manager plans and directs ongoing care in collaboration with the RN Care Manager shift supervisor, recognizing individual needs of residents and staff.
* Monitors work assignments, provides feedback, evaluates performance, redirects staff, and informs Director of Nursing Services of pertinent problems timely.
* Communicates and coaches staff regarding policies, completes quality care audits, and works with professional staff in the daily delivery of resident care.
* Assist with new admissions, transfers, and discharges ensuring related documentation is current, signed, and the recordkeeping meets the policies and procedures.
* Reviews and completes resident records and related documentation in a timely manner, including the completion of the MDS and observations/forms as scheduled for each resident
* Plans and conducts resident care conferences and develops interdisciplinary plan of care for each resident.
* Regularly observes, audits and reviews each resident s condition, status, and care requirements and takes appropriate action to assure care needs are met.
* Develops nursing care plans for each resident that meets the needs of the resident and the physician recommendations and reports changes in condition of residents that requires nursing intervention notifying the physician, director of nursing services, and family.
* Transcribes and carries out or delegates physician orders in accordance with the nurse practice act.
* Documents all pertinent information in the interdisciplinary notes and on the 24-hour report timely and accurately.
* Performs other duties as assigned.:
Supports a dignified and caring atmosphere with residents, residents families, visitors and staff.
Protects privacy and confidentiality of information pertaining to residents, employees, the facility, and company information and records.
Maintains a safe and secure working environment and practices safe working habits.
Maintains neat appearance, good personal hygiene, and appropriate attire.:
This position does have supervisory responsibilities.:
The Resident Care Manager must have a current, unencumbered RN license. NOTE: Oregon requires this position to have a current RN license. Excellent written and oral communication and motivational skills are essential to success. Ability to creatively problem solve in both resident care and employee management situations. Individual must be a team player, well organized, and flexible.:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
The Resident Care Manager has to have a Associate Degree in Nursing, or Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Minimum of 1 year working in geriatric nursing, including experience with medication administration, delivery systems and pharmacies. One year in supervisory/management position, with experience with budgets, staff development, training and scheduling. Additional course work in management an asset.:
Able to communicate effectively, in English, with personnel at all levels of the organization, with residents and their friends and family, and with members of the community. Excellent written and oral communication skills required. Must have Computer skills.:
Ability to maintain basic financial records of expenditures of the department. Able to understand budgets.:
Ability to accurately assess residents needs, problem-solve to meet those needs, to determine staffs need for training, and to evaluate results.
KEYWORDS: RN, registered nurse, registerednurse, Registered Nurse, nurse, skilled nursing, nursing, nurse, post acute, Skilled Nursing, nurse manager, nurse leader, nurse leadership, registered nurse, Registered Nurse, MDS, mds, MDS Coordinator, MDS Nurse, MDS Charge Nurse, MDS RN, mds nurse, mds charge nurse: