Resident Care Manager RN 5/7/2020
Avamere Family of Companies
Coos Bay, OR
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The primary responsibility of this position is to supervise the day-to-day nursing activities of the facility.
* Participate in the development of a written plan of care for each resident and review resident s medical and nursing treatments to ensure they are in accordance with the resident s care plan and wishes.
* Complete the planning, scheduling and revising of the MDS, including the implementation of CAA s and Triggers.
* Make daily rounds to ensure that all nursing personnel are performing their work assignments.
* Review nurses notes to ensure that they are informative and descriptive of the nursing care being provided and the resident s response to care and wishes.
* Develop and maintain a good working rapport with all facility personnel to ensure that the needs of the resident are met.
* Participate in reviews of the discharge plans and prepare reports for the Care Plan Committee as directed.
* Delegate, train, evaluate and support RN, LPN and CNA personnel.
* Provide direct nursing care as necessary.
* Assist the Director of Nursing Services and fill in as needed.
* Participate in facility surveys by authorized government agencies.
* Make recommendations for new or changes in procedures, policies, methods, education, reference material and general nursing practices to ensure the highest level of quality patient care is given.
* Attend continuing education programs designed to keep you abreast of changes in your profession, and participate in/provide leadership for in-service training for nursing personnel.
* Create and uphold an atmosphere of warmth, patience, enthusiasm, and a calm and cheerful environment.
* Must possess a nursing degree from an accredited college or university.
* Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as an RN in this state.
* Must have a minimum 1 year of experience as a supervisor in a healthcare setting.
* Must have training in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices.
* Knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations and guidelines that pertain to nursing care facilities.
* Experience with Electronic Medical Records and computer documentation systems.
* Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
AVAMERE COMPANIES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.