Resident Engineer - Facilities 9/11/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
ABOUT US At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our \'ABOUT US\' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES In the role of Resident Engineer, we'll count on you to: * Work independently under broad, general supervision and in conjunction with the Construction Project Manager in support of projects associated with Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) in service facilities
* Write and issue field orders, initiate change proposals for design team review and approval, estimate cost of changes, negotiate costs with contractors, and recommend acceptance to the Construction Project Manager
* Supervise and direct the activities of Construction Inspectors, testing services and sub consultants
* 3rd party coordination, Utility coordination, City coordination
* Structures & buildings, track allocation, site work
* Perform other duties as needed
Keywords: BART, Bay Area Rapid Transit, CalTrain, Sac RT, Regional Transit
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS * Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
* 5+ years experience with transit systems.
* Must have a fundamental understanding of contracts and familiarity of Construction Management practices.
* Must possess the ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications and identify discrepancies or conflicts within documents
* Must be able to work in a team environment
* Must be computer literate, experience with Microsoft Office, or related construction packages
* An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS CA PE preferred but not required. Ability to interpret construction schedules.