Resident Service Coordinator (Part time)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/21/2019
END DATE 1/2/2020
Related companies of California LLC
Los Angeles, CA
This position is utilized only for HUD Grant and is located in communities that have special needs residents. Responsibilities are similar to concierge and include such tasks as researching community, local and national services for senior or special needs opportunities, transportation, meals and services provided specifically for a group of residents. May work with government agencies such as Department of Aging to obtain available services for residents. The service coordinator may assess service needs and determine eligibility for public and private services.
- Assists and advises residents and families of the services which may be necessary to maintain a self-reliant lifestyle. Promotes wellness activities for all residents.
- Educates residents, families, and staff on available community resources (for example, case management, personal assistance, homemaker, meals-on-wheels, transportation, counseling, occasional visiting nurse, preventive health screening/wellness and legal advocacy).
- Assists residents in building informal support networks among themselves and with family members and friends.
- Acts as a liaison between community agencies, service providers, and residents.
- Works as a team member with facility manager and other housing management staff in serving residents/clients. Encourages residents to be proactive in meeting their social, psychological, and physical needs.
- Facilitates meeting of needs when necessary, but avoids the creation of unhealthy dependence.
BENEFIT AND FEATURE:
- Incentive bonus program
- Training and development programs
- Employee Recognition & Wellness Programs.
- A Bachelor s Degree is preferred but not required- Social Work, Gerontology, Psychology or Public Health preferred; however, individuals without a degree, but with appropriate work experience may be hired.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of community services in the region with particular knowledge of services that are provided for the population living within the facility.
- Proven experience in service management, including organizing, problem-solving, and advocating.
- Experience in the aging process, elder services, disability services, drug and alcohol abuse and mental health issues; aware of eligibility for and procedures of Federal and State entitlement programs; alert to legal liability issues relating to providing service coordination.
Schedule: Monday- Friday 9am-1pm (20 hours a week)
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employe
Affordable housing laid the foundation of Related Companies and we continue to place a high priority on developing, acquiring and preserving housing for this sector. In fact, over 60% of our 50,000+ residential apartment homes under our management are part of one or more affordable housing programs, and an additional 20% of these homes provide workforce housing.
In the area of acquisitions and refinancing, we pursue properties that meet one of the following criteria: Section 8 properties with project-based contracts; Section 236 properties in need of rehabilitation; Section 42 LIHTC properties with expiring low-income restrictions; Section 515 FmHA properties with loans that can be prepaid; or other assisted properties, including HODAG, HOME, federal or state-financed public housing.
Many of the buildings we encounter are in need of substantial upgrading and preservation in order to continue to properly fulfill the needs of their tenants. Given our 42 years of experience in debt and equity financing as well as our extensive management of government-assisted properties we are well-positioned to buy out existing owners who lack the resources and experience to recapitalize and, therefore, wish to exit the affordable housing arena. In addition, with our extensive development experience, we bring the knowhow to expertly rehabilitate the units, thus assuring the continued viability of these projects for years to come.