Residential Aide / Behavioral Health Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/5/2020
END DATE 7/2/2020
Skywood Recovery Center is a residential treatment facility offering integrated treatment for addiction and mental health conditions. Skywood Recovery provides individual and group therapy, experiential therapy, equine and art therapy, and yoga. Located in Augusta, MI, a convenient drive from Kalamazoo and Lansing, MI, the campus offers a restorative environment with opportunity to enjoy the outdoors.
Skywood is part of one the nation's largest and most respected hospital management companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (NYSE: UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue exceeding $10.7 billion. In 2019, UHS was again recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by Fortune; in 2018, UHS ranked #268 on the Fortune 500; and in 2017, listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America's Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago, enabling us to provide compassionate care to our patients and their loved ones: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 87,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates 350 inpatient acute care hospitals and behavioral health facilities and 30 outpatient and other facilities located in 37 states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom. For additional information on the Company, visit our web site: http://www.uhsinc.com.
The Residential Assistant maintains patient milieu/environment according to program schedule and monitors and provides care for patients.
This is a full-time 3rd shift position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Ensures orientation of new patients immediately upon admission.
* Conducts psycho-educational groups with patients.
* Provides empathic, supportive approach to all patient interactions by acting as a sounding board for the individual, ensuring confrontation is not used.
* Utilizes motivational interviewing and patient-centered techniques when assisting patients. Employs de-escalation techniques.
* Ensures program schedule is maintained.
* Completes room checks, safety checks and patient supervision checks as required.
* Maintains work area cleanliness, assist patients to develop appropriate cleaning skills by role modeling. Directly performs daily living maintenance responsibilities.
* Obtains all medications from consumer at intake and secures according to policy.
* Utilizes local crisis response plan in case of emergency psychiatric emergency (i.e. suicidal/homicidal ideation or threats).
* Performs all other duties as required or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Ability to consistently demonstrate through conduct and communications the stability required to effectively assist patients and their family members through the FRN Model of Treatment.
* Must have high level of interpersonal skills. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, professionalism, tact and diplomacy.
* Must have general knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing and spreadsheets (MS Word, Excel).
* Understanding of diverse cultures and gender specific issues and the ability to incorporate needs of gender and culturally diverse groups into the organization.
* Understands need for and maintains appropriate confidentiality at all times when interacting with patients, residents, families, visitors, referral sources and all other contacts.
Education and Experience
* High School diploma or GED required.
* Minimum 1 year experience working with dually diagnosed individuals preferred.
* CPR certification (or willing to obtain CPR training and certification).
All employment at UHS is with one of the subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc., including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. Universal Health Services is a holding company.
UHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such, openly supports and fully commits to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.