Residential Mortgage Senior Underwriter 6/6/2020
Fulton Bank, N.A.
King Of Prussia, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY # of Openings
The Bell Building
Our values define us and our culture inspires us to Change lives for the better. Our employees are the heart and soul of our company and every success we experience begins with them. We hire team members who raise the bar, who are collaborative and inclusive, who build relationships, and who are looking for a long-term career with Fulton Bank. We strive to promote a culture of Work-life balance, to unplug and recharge to be your best self, at work and at home.
This is a full-time career opportunity that is remote.
The primary responsibility of this position is to review and analyze residential mortgage applications, borrower and property information to render a credit decision and approval for a mortgage loan. The incumbent in this position will ensure all documentation is present and maintained as required, while ensuring compliance with vendor and bank policies, procedures and guidelines. This position will underwrite loans of a higher scope and complexity and may serve as mentor to junior staff.
* Evaluate borrower income and creditworthiness through review of financial, asset and bank account statements and tax returns, ensure documentation satisfies investor requirements and identify loans that may require additional records for potential secondary market sale
* Review, approve or recommend denial for residential mortgage applications within lending authority limit, including those with higher scope and/or complexity and/or over junior lending authority, perform secondary review of recommended denials at the junior level and promote products with potential applicant qualification
* Review appraisal and other property information to determine if fair market value is aligned to amount requested in application, follow up with borrower or other external parties to validate discrepancies
* Ensure documentation satisfies investor requirements and identify loans that may require additional records for potential secondary market sale
* Underwrite, evalulate and recommend approval or denial for government loans that may include Federal Housing Administration, VA, Rural Housing Service, state bond programs, conforming and nonconforming products
* Investigate, confirm and document credit file irregularities, examine appraisals to ensure conformity to guidelines and review decision change requests for existing mortgages
* Guide Mortgage Loan Officers in relation to unique and/or potential loan scenarios and provide underwriting and mortgage loan operating system data input guidance and support, as needed
* Facilitate underwriting and product training of management trainees, MLOs and branch staff as directed by the Residential Underwriting Manager, and provide support during internal or external audits, as needed
* Provide product development support to the Residential Underwriting Manager and Secondary Market Manager and contribute to the cultivation of new broker and affiliate relationships
Bachelor Degree or the equivalent experience
5 or more years Residential first mortgage underwriting
3 or more years Federal Housing Administration, Veterans Administration and Rural Housing Service underwriting
3 or more years Desktop Underwriter and Loan Prospector
Direct Endorsement for Federal Housing Administration Loans
Staff Appraisal Reviewer for Veterans Administration loans
This role may perform other job duties as assigned by the manager. Each employee of the Organization, regardless of position, is accountable for reading, understanding and acting on the contents of all Company-assigned and/or job related Compliance Programs, regulations and policies and procedures, as well as ensure that all Compliance Training assignments are completed by established due dates. This includes but is not limited to, understanding and identifying compliance risks impacting their department(s), ensuring compliance with applicable laws or regulations, and escalating compliance risks to the appropriate level of management.
As a condition of employment, individuals must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship for a work visa by Fulton Bank currently or in the future.
Fulton Bank ( Fulton ) is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all qualified persons. Fulton will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles, and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, age, genetic information, marital status, disability, covered veteran status, or any other legally protected status.