Residential Services Associate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2020
END DATE 9/17/2020
The Salvation Army
Ann Arbor, MI
THE SALVATION ARMY MISSION STATEMENT
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Under the direction of the Program Director, supervises and oversees the operation of Staples Family Center in accordance with established policies and procedures to ensure the safety and well being of residents; answer phones and monitors resident activity within the house; assures the on-going cleanliness and neatness of house.
Assumes responsibilities for and facilitates all residential activities during ones shift. * Continually interact with shelter residents. Provide support, encouragement and guidance to all residents in program.
* Assures the continued safety and well being of all residents. It is the responsibility of the residential services associate to enforce shelter policy without discrimination, oversee client chores, and to help maintain the facility.
* Under direction of Program Director, finish processing all admissions and maintain client files according to procedure.
* Completes all necessary paperwork thoroughly and on a timely basis including daily stats sheet, client records, daily house logs and other paperwork as assigned.
* Conducts room checks, discharge residents, prepare meals, clean vacant rooms and do shelter laundry.
* Provide crisis intervention as needed and complete incident reports as required.
* Assist in implementing emergency procedures.
* Residential Service Associates are required to stay with residents until the next shift arrives, even if this requires you to stay over another shift. If a residential services associate fails to report for their shift you must contact the Program Director for further instructions.
* Completes other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent. * Some knowledge of social services and/or behavioral sciences helpful.
* Good oral and written communication skills
* Computer experience required.
* Good crisis intervention skills
* Ability to walk up and down stairs (3 floors)
* Must be able to work flexible hours as needed.
* Must be able to work well with minimal direct supervision and at times make decisions which will impact the ministry of those we serve.
* Must be able to understand and work within the mission of The Salvation Army.