Resource Manager 6/5/2020
Ultra Global Business Services
Fort Wayne, IN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION: Resource Manager
LOCATION: Fort Wayne, IN
JOB ID: 237
# OF OPENINGS: 1
The ideal candidate for this remote opening will reside in the Fort Wayne, IN area or East Coast of the United States.
Ultra is looking for a dynamic change agent who will drive performance and have a strong operational impact across the business. Driven and intellectually bright, the ideal candidate will welcome the challenge of playing a major role in the transformation of Group Information Communication and Technology (ICT) team.
The Resource Manager is responsible for the organization and allocation of available resources to ensure alignment to demands, ultimately assigning the right people to the right projects at the right time. They will organize and plan based on a geographically disbursed delivery team, changes in workloads & working patterns. This position will lead the team of ICT Technologists and System Administrators located in Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
* Building and managing a team and determining hiring needs based on the requirements of each project and working closely with HR to ensure we have a pipeline of deployable resources that meet our requirements.
* Ensuring that employees are competent to carry out their role by providing training and coaching, setting development plans, and providing timely feedback.
* Providing detailed reporting and planning information to the project team and early identification of risk in skills and capacity to ensure that we are constantly reviewing that our deployment plans are effective.
* Understanding all program / project timelines & deadlines, risks & mitigation, in order to always provide the most appropriate resourcing solution.
* Working closely with the Group ICT Managers to ensure all resource requests are fulfilled utilizing the right talent and in a timely manner.
* Conducting talent audits to identify gaps and source talent to support Ultra s roadmap.
* Having a planning/forward thinking approach with attention to detail.
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelors Degree in business, operations management, or equivalent
* 5+ years of experience in delivering services to customers across a variety of high-risk, high-value change projects and/or programs
* 5+ years of experience in leading and assigning technical staff in complex business transformation initiatives
* 5+ years of experience in leading projects within a remote and matrix environment across multiple locations
* This position requires either a US Person or a non-US Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization
* Willing to participate in domestic and international travel up to 50% annually
* Ability to obtain a US Government security clearance. Security clearances are granted to U.S. citizens.
* Exceptional planning and organizational skills managing multiple hard or soft resources
* Excellent task management skills, ability to prioritize own workload, and the workload of others, based on tactical and strategic business priorities
* Willing to deal with ambiguity and frequent change with a flexible and cooperative approach
* Willingness to act on own initiative with excellent communication and negotiation skills
* Willing to manage within allocated budgets and be able to plan and forecast based on business priorities.
* Well versed in risk and issue management and implementing tools and process to minimize risk. Identifies quickly the key issues and risks and skilled at utilizing own and others skills and techniques to overcome them.
* Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills with the ability to analyze complex situations; responsible and accountable for own decision making.
Ultra specializes in providing application-engineered bespoke solutions. We focus on our customers mission critical and intelligent systems in the defence, security, critical detection & control markets. Our capabilities and technologies can be found on many of the world s long-term military programmes. We employ over 4,500 employees across the globe and are listed on the London Stock Exchange. Ultra operates mainly as a Tier 3 (sub-system) and occasionally a Tier 2 systems provider, in the Maritime, C3 (Communications, Command and Control) and Cyber, military and commercial aerospace, nuclear and industrial sensors markets. We use both research and development, to provide innovative, mission specific bespoke technological solutions to our customer s most complex problems. Learn more by visiting our website: https://www.ultra.group/
We offer medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, health savings accounts, paid time off, and a 401(k) plan with a Company match.
THIS CONTRACTOR AND SUBCONTRACTOR SHALL ABIDE BY THE REQUIREMENTS OF 41 CFR 60 1.4(A), 60 300.5(A) AND 60 741.5(A). THESE REGULATIONS PROHIBIT DISCRIMINATION AGAINST QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS BASED ON THEIR STATUS AS PROTECTED VETERANS OR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, AND PROHIBIT DISCRIMINATION AGAINST ALL INDIVIDUALS BASED ON THEIR RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. MOREOVER, THESE REGULATIONS REQUIRE THAT COVERED PRIME CONTRACTORS AND SUBCONTRACTORS TAKE AFFIRMATIVE ACTION TO EMPLOY AND ADVANCE IN EMPLOYMENT INDIVIDUALS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY OR VETERAN STATUS.
Reasonable accommodation statement: If you need an accommodation for any part of the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org