Respiratory Therapist Trainee 6/4/2020
Maine Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY
* Position Summary
* The Respiratory CarePractioner (RCP)Trainee participates in the treatment, monitoring and care ofpatients with respiratory disorders. The role of the Trainee is limited to thefollowing functions in non critical care areas and while under direct supervisionof a licensed respiratory care practioner : Vital Signs, Breath Sounds, Nebulizer treatments, Basic life supportincluding: CPR, Manual ventilation andcompression, Oral pharyngealairway, Oximetry, Incentive Spirometry, Metered Dose Inhaler instruction, Peak flow monitoring, Oral Suctioning, Oxygen rounds, Oxygen therapy including: Nasal Cannula, Simple Masks, Venti Masks,Aerosol Masks, Charting and Documentation with accompanying licensedpractioners signature.
* Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
* RCP trainee may not be employed in any capacity that involves delivery of any respiratory care procedure until the trainee has been duly registered by the Maine Board of Respiratory Care Practioners as a Respiratory Care Practitioner Trainee.
* The RCP trainee may be employed during the clinical portion of an approved respiratory care education program (which is COARC accredited). The clinical portion of a program is defined as: Second year of an associate degree program or Second year of a baccalaureate degree program in respiratory care or Completion of an entry-level correspondence program in respiratory care approved by the Board.
* The RCP trainee holds and maintains the BLS certification.
* The RCP trainee will complete Age Specific Competency training during orientation.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.