This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/15/2019
END DATE 11/22/2019
JOB DESCRIPTION*At the end of April 2019, WorleyParsons combined with Jacobs Energy, Chemicals and Resources (ECR) division, to create Worley.
Together, we are a leading global provider of professional project and asset services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We have almost 60,000 amazing people in around 60 countries across the world covering the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets for our customers.
Our exciting combination will create new opportunities for you to join us. The transition will take time, so in the short-term you may see references to our heritage companies in your application process.
Assembles rigging to lift and move equipment or material to construction project.
* LOADS, TRANSPORTS, UNLOADS AND ASSISTS IN SELECTING CABLES, ROPES, PULLEYS, WINCHES, BLOCKS AND SHEAVES, ACCORDING TO WEIGHT AND SIZE OF LOAD TO BE MOVED
* ATTACHES PULLEY AND BLOCKS TO FIXED OVERHEAD STRUCTURES, SUCH AS BEAMS, CEILINGS AND GIN POLE BOOMS WITH BOLTS AND CLAMPS
* ATTACHES LOAD WITH GRAPPLING DEVICES SUCH AS LOOPS, WIRES, ROPES AND CHAINS TO CRANE HOOK
* GIVES DIRECTION TO CRANE OPERATOR OR HOISTING ENGINEER ENGAGED IN HOISTING AND MOVING LOADS TO ENSURE SAFETY OR WORKERS AND MATERIAL HANDLED USING HAND SIGNALS, LOUDSPEAKER, TWO-WAY RADIO OR TELEPHONE
* SETS UP BRACES AND RIGS HOISTING EQUIPMENT USING HAND TOOLS AND POWER WRENCHES
* ASSEMBLES AND DISASSEMBLES CRANES
* SPLICES ROPE AND WIRE CABLES TO MAKE OR REPAIR SLINGS OR TACKLE
* PERFORM MINOR MAINTENANCE OR CLEANING ACTIVITIES OF TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
* ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES NOT LISTED MAY BE REQUIRED
* Minimum 4 years industrial construction/maintenance industry experience
* Knowledge of complex rigging, heavy rigging, change crane boom and cable, electrical safety, ladder and scaffold safety, introduction to lifting machinery, wire ropes basics, basic rigging, fire prevention, sizing of chokers, load charts, cutting torches, and basic knowledge of blueprint reading
* Physical Requirements:
* Climbing, Balancing, Stooping, Kneeling, Crouching, Crawling, Reaching, Standing, Walking, Pushing, Pulling, Lifting, Fingering, Grasping, Feeling, Repetitive Motions
At Worley, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiatives, we believe that you will find a flourishing career here at Worley.