Rivendell Behavioral Health Hospital
Bowling Green, KY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maximizes opportunities for quality care.
2. Contributes to and participates in Performance Improvement.
3. Active involvement in managing the therapeutic milieu and making sound, independent
4. Maintains safe physical management certification.
5. Attends required in-services and completes Staff Education Attendance Record.
6. Completes nursing assessment, Kardex, physician orders, MAR and Treatment Plan
within 8 hours of admission.
7. Ensures neat, timely and accurate transcription of physician orders.
8. Documentation reflects nursing process, including individualized education and discharge
planning needs of the patient and family.
9. Develop an individualized treatment plan with measurable goals that reflects
understanding of nursing process.
10. Develops and facilitates therapeutic milieu groups.
11. Supervises and evaluates MHA led educational groups.
12. Encourages family involvement in patient care.
13. Responds to identified patient and family educational needs.
14 Incorporates hospital mission statement in all aspects of work. Responds to changing unit
needs. Demonstrates understanding of cost containment and economy of hospital
resources when indicated.
15. Supports and follows legal requirements and nursing department policy and procedures.
16. Participates in scheduled meetings and in-services.
17. Provides clear and concise communication. Collaborates with other health team members
regarding patient and/or unit needs. Shares pertinent assessments, incorporates other
disciplines knowledge of skill.
18. Participates in orientation of new employees, willingly serves as preceptor and role model.
19. Conducts self in professional manner.
20. Seeks opportunities for continued education and professional growth.
21. Maintains positive, energetic attitude.
22. Incorporates service specific knowledge (children, adolescent, sex offender, or dual
diagnosis/chemical dependency) into daily activities.
a. Assesses adolescents between the ages of 12 18 or children between the ages
of 4 12 utilizing appropriate developmental and program specific issues
(chemical dependency, sex offender, general psychiatric).
b. Has dynamic understanding of psychotherapeutic issues and developmental
tasks specific to each age group, child or adolescent.
c. Possesses sound clinical knowledge of mental health and program specific
d. Understands and demonstrates the ability to prioritize the patient s needs in
relation to the presenting problem.
e. Understands and incorporates theories of family dynamics in patient s
treatment and family therapy.
f. Develops treatment plans using the most recent treatment practices in each
g. Conducts groups utilizing knowledge of group dynamics and disease concepts
of each specific diagnosis group.
h. Understands the distinct purposes of transitional hospitalization treatment and
specifically incorporates these purposes in the patient s treatment plan.
i. Incorporates the daily return of the transitional hospitalization in the daily or
otherwise specified periodic goal-setting treatment plan in the specified
j. Discharge Planning
i. Reflects understanding of recovery as a life-long process.
ii. Incorporates recovery and support system into the discharge plan.
iii. Incorporates knowledge of home environment and available
23. Willingly accepts additional responsibilities outside routine job functions.
24. Will adhere to all safety policies and safe work practice.
25. Will attend hospital safety trainings.
26. Will adhere to all hospital policies and procedures.
27. Will report all accidents immediately.
EDUCATION: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Must be a registered nurse licensed to
practice nursing in Kentucky.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Experience in psychiatric nursing preferred.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED: Demonstrate accurate physical, mental, emotional and spiritual assessment
skills and ability to clearly communicate findings both verbally and in writing. Demonstrate
theoretical and practical knowledge of Standards of Nursing Practice and Care in all aspects of care
provided. Demonstrate knowledge and support of the psychotherapeutic based treatment model and
ability to utilize knowledge in patient care and therapeutic milieu.
About Universal Health Services:
One of the nation s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America s Top 500 Public Companies. Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
About Rivendell Behavior Health:
Rivendell Behavioral Health Hospital, is a 125 bed Joint Commission accredited hospital, which provides the highest quality psychiatric care to children and adolescents in crisis, teen with substance abuse, adults with chemical dependency issues, and senior adults. The hospital is located on a 49-acre campus in the heart of South Central Kentucky in Bowling Green. We have earned our place as a provider of choice. Patient safety and confidentiality in treatment are top priorities.
All employment at UHS is with one of the subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc., including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. Universal Health Services is a holding company.
UHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such, openly supports and fully commits to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.