RN - Case Manager - EMCM 9/2/2020
Einstein Healthcare Network
East Norriton, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Description
EINSTEIN MEDICAL CENTER MONTGOMERY IS A MEDICAL DESTINATION PROVIDING MANY NEW HEALTHCARE SERVICES AND RESOURCES PREVIOUSLY UNAVAILABLE IN THE AREA INCLUDING ADVANCED MEDICAL AND SURGICAL CARE, DIAGNOSTIC TESTING SERVICES, A NEONATAL INTENSIVE CARE UNIT, AND 24 HOUR EMERGENCY CARE. LOCATED ON 87 ACRES ALONG GERMANTOWN PIKE IN EAST NORRITON, PA, EINSTEIN MEDICAL CENTER MONTGOMERY BRINGS THE EXCEPTIONAL EXPERIENCE OF EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK TO RESIDENTS OF CENTRAL MONTGOMERY COUNTY. EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK PROMOTES WELLNESS. RESEARCH HAS SHOWN THAT SMOKING IS DANGEROUS TO THE HEALTH OF SMOKERS AND TO OTHERS. EINSTEIN CAMPUSES ARE TOBACCO AND SMOKE FREE.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* Managing cost/resource utilization efficiently and effectively while maintaining the highest quality of care and patient satisfaction
* Coordinating across the continuum of care to provide utilization management and discharge planning services to all patients
* Communicating pertinent information to payor sources to insure adequate authorization
* Job descriptions are subject to change with continued Activation Planning. Modifications may be made at any time based on operational and patient needs.
IF YOU POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS, PLEASE APPLY IMMEDIATELY:
* Bachelor's degree in Nursing required
* Current Pennsylvania RN license, active and in good standing is required
* CPR from the American Heart Association required
* 3-5 years clinical experience required
* 1-2 years care management experience preferred
* General knowledge of utilization management within a hospital or managed care organization required
* Knowledge of managed care contracting preferred
* CCM Certification preferred
* Successful completion of a skills based test required
* Physical Requirements: Sitting, standing, lifting (10 lbs. maximum), waking, agility, dexterity.
* Visual: Near vision, depth perception, color vision, extensive exposure to video display terminals.
* Audio: Ability to hear normal conversation, telephone communication, low voice volumes, whispers.
* Working Conditions: Office setting.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.