RN Charge Critical Care Float - FT Nights 8/21/2020
Las Vegas, NV
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
Now celebrating more than 55 years in the community, SUNRISE HOSPITAL & MEDICAL CENTER provides the most comprehensive, quality healthcare in Southern Nevada. As Las Vegas' largest acute care facility, SUNRISE provides sophisticated inpatient and outpatient services to the community.
In 2005, SUNRISE CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL completed at $75 million renovation and expansion effort, which is the last time the facility added it its capacity. Currently, the two hospital have 690 beds. When the project is complete, the capacity will grow to 762 beds.
SUNRISE HOSPITAL & MEDICAL CENTER has been recognized with the following awards and accreditations:
* Consumer Choice Award recipient for 15 consecutive years
* Joint Commission Accredited
* American Stroke Association Get with The Guidelines Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award
* CARF Accredited Rehabilitation Unit
* Nursing Professionals Top 100 Hospitals to Work For
Join us as we achieve our Mission Statement:
SUNRISE HOSPITAL & MEDICAL CENTER and SUNRISE CHILDREN\'S HOSPITAL are dedicated to providing an unparalleled level of measurable quality in the delivery of cost-effective, integrated healthcare services that are responsive to the needs of our patients, physicians, employees, and community.
Our employees come first. We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits including tuition assistance, family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, and identity theft protection.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious CRITICAL CARE CHARGE NURSE to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
The Charge Nurse is responsible for the provision of patient care delivered on a nursing unit. The Charge Nurse is accountable for and has the authority to make decisions to promote quality patient care on their nursing unit. The Charge Nurse is expected to apply hospital policies and procedures, as well as Standards of Care in the provision and supervision of patient care using the nursing process.
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AN OPPORTUNITY THAT PROVIDES SATISFACTION AND PERSONAL GROWTH, WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO APPLY. WE PROMPTLY REVIEW ALL APPLICATIONS. IF YOU ARE HIGHLY QUALIFIED YOU WILL HEAR FROM ONE OF OUR MANAGERS. COME UNLOCK THE POSSIBILITIES AND APPLY TODAY!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
Minimum of 1 year nursing experience in acute care facility required
Minimum of 1 year Critical care nursing experience required
Current license to practice as a registered nurse in the state of Nevada required
Specialty Certification where required; example: Chemotherapy; ACLS; PALS
* Creative problem solving skills using critical thinking, active listening skills and empathy; role models this behavior in others
* Adheres to and promotes proactive patient, personal and facility safety
* Consistently demonstrates a professional approach to open and honest communication skills
* Delegation skills in receiving and assigning responsibilities
* Promotes positive customer service with a patient and family centered care philosophy
* Seeks opportunities to improve care or system process; incorporates performance improvement principles and data
* Mentors staff in improving individual practice; coaches subordinates as required
* Supports and contributes to the success of the hospital's mission and vision
* Meets Standard of Practice and Care using established policies and procedures of the facility
* Maintains a collegial responsibility for team building on all levels including knowledge sharing and educating
* Monitors and ensures care is delivered with an awareness to resource management
* Promotes active case management of the patient's healthcare process for all patients under supervision
* Maintains and role models a leadership role in interacting with colleagues, physicians, guests, patients and vendors
* Perform duties and responsibilities of all lesser included jobs
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Promotes positive customer service with colleagues, physicians, guests, patients and vendors
* Demonstrates effective conflict resolution and service recovery skills
* Maintains Charge Nurse and unit specific competencies
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.