RN Clinical Coordinator - 3S Adult Special Care/ICU stepdown 36hr Night 2/21/2020
Howard County General Hospital
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RN CLINICAL COORDINATOR - 3S ADULT SPECIAL CARE/ICU STEPDOWN 36HR NIGHT
Requisition #: 216684
Location: Howard County General Hospital, Columbia, MD 21044
Work Shift: Night Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Feb. 20, 2020
The Clinical Coordinator, Intensive Care Unit, is a registered nurse with demonstrated clinical and management skills who is accountable and responsible for maintaining the standards of care, coordinating operations, and supervising personnel within the Intensive Care Unit.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
* BSN required. Those hired into a Clinical Coordinator role prior to July 1, 2016 will be grandfathered. Clinical Coordinators starting after November 1, 2019, must enroll in a BSN program within 6 months of starting the position, starting course work promptly after acceptance. The BSN program must be completed within 4 years of their hire date with steady progress toward degree completion. Steady progress is defined as a minimum of 9 credits per calendar year from the time they begin course work.
* At least three (3) years experience in direct patient care with current and previous experience in applicable clinical specialty.
* Minimum of one to two (1-2) years of management/formal leadership experience preferred.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS:
* Current licensure as a Registered Nurse by the State of Maryland.
* Current CPR and NRP certifications required.
* Current ACLS certification required.
* CCRN certification is preferred. If not present, is expected to obtain certification within two (2) years of hire.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.