This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2020
END DATE 9/17/2020
Prisma Health Upstate
JOB DESCRIPTIONINSPIRE HEALTH. SERVE WITH COMPASSION. BE THE DIFFERENCE.
This job has the responsibility of providing direct and indirect nursing care to assigned patients. Works under the direct and indirect supervision of the Nurse Manager or designee but is independent in the application of nursing knowledge and skills. Manages clinical situation for which he/she is responsible. Serves the following patient population: any adult with the following but not limited to 1) post-operative requiring use of cardiopulmonary bypass or standby cardiopulmonary bypass 2) patients requiring intra-aortic balloon pump (IABP) or ventricular assist device 3) patients requiring Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO).
* Assessment: Collects patient data and completes required forms with appropriate responses according to unit standards; identifies patient's problems/needs and sets priorities; identifies problems requiring further referral and/or follow-up; interprets and records latest diagnostic results; performs nursing assessment using critical thinking skills. - 25%
* Planning Care: Develops a plan of care based on nursing process and which incorporates the plans of other disciplines and continuing care needs; includes the patient/family in developing or revising the plan of care; makes referrals to multidisciplinary support services. - 20%
* Implementing/Managing Care: Care provided conforms to accepted practice standards; provides treatments/procedures and other care as prescribed and according to patient care standards; demonstrates understanding of age-related characteristics and needs of patients served; explains nursing procedures; provides discharge teaching; identifies emergency situations and independently initiates advanced therapy; acts as an advocate and coordinator of patient care with other health care personnel and evaluates patient care measures instituted; understands and demonstrates respect for patient rights and utilizes established mechanisms for management of ethical issues in patient care. - 20%
* Evaluation: Records patient care delivered as planned and any variation, with appropriate rationale; makes and records observations related to impending or associated problems; implements nursing measures related to impending or associated problems. - 15%
* Leadership: Using nursing process, delegates nursing care to appropriate personnel; integrates cost effective measures into nursing practice; recognizes unit problems and takes responsibility for documenting same; demonstrates active participation in QI processes; complies with hospital expectations to meet staffing demands based on patient care needs; complies with policies addressing safe working conditions; monitors unsafe working conditions; recognizes inappropriate and/or ineffective patient care management, resolves issue/problem and completes written reports; fulfills call for unit as assigned and adjusts staffing for census (volume) and acuity. - 15%
* Performs other duties as assigned. - 5%
* Job has direct and/or indirect supervision of team members that may include final budget authority, hire/termination authority, performance appraisal responsibility and disciplinary authority. Job will be considered a member of management staff at Prisma Health Company or affiliate and will have direct reports.
* Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing program and approved by the South Carolina State Board of Nursing required. Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred.
* No previous experience required.
* Current SC RN License.
* BLS and ACLS required.
IN LIEU OF THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS LISTED ABOVE
OTHER REQUIRED SILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Must possess knowledge and skills necessary to treat patients; other training as required by department.
Night (United States of America)
1510 Richland Hospital
15106407 ICU Cardiovascular
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Prisma Health is the largest not-for-profit health organization in South Carolina, serving more than 1.2 million patients annually. The company has one Purpose: Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference. Comprised of two affiliates: Prisma Health - Upstate and Prisma Health - Midlands, Prisma Health is dedicated to improving the health of all South Carolinians through improved clinical quality, access to care and patient experience, while also addressing the rising cost of health care. The affiliates are nationally recognized as some of the best places to work and to receive care. With more than 30,000 team members, physicians and volunteers, Prisma Health is the state s largest private employer. Prisma Health works to improve the health of the local communities in the Midlands and Upstate regions through its community health programs. As one of the 50 largest health systems in the country, Prisma Health is committed to academic and clinical research excellence.