RN, ER, PRN 6/4/2020
UT Health East
Gun Barrel City, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Advancing Healthcare Together - The Future of Healthcare is in East Texas
Why UT Health - East Texas?
Our People. Our people truly are our greatest strength. They make a massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day. We work closely together to create a positive experience for our patients and each other.
Our Purpose. We will build on your experience and provide meaningful and purposeful career growth for your future. You will have the opportunity every day to make a difference in someone's life and change the course of healthcare.
Our Place. Cedar Creek, Texas is a small town with a huge heart where you will have the privilege of caring for your neighbors. Everybody is somebody here.
Representing the very best in healthcare, UT Health East Texas is comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 50 clinics across east Texas. With nearly 7,500 employees and over 1,000 licensed in-patient beds, UT Health East Texas provides healthcare services to thousands of patients annually through our hospitals, clinics, Level 1 trauma facility, air emergency fleet and EMS service in a metropolitan service area of a quarter-million people.
Our hospital is seeking an experienced Registered Nurse. We are looking for your experience, knowledge and patient care skills in our Emergency Department where you will be responsible for:
What You Will Be Doing:
- Monitoring the changes in the patients' condition including the recording and reporting of symptoms, assessing vital signs and intervening when appropriate.
- Supporting the culture of quality with delivery of quality nursing care to decrease potential harm to other patients and peers
- Participating actively in UTHET's performance improvement process as it relates to nursing practices and procedures
- Monitoring, recording, and reporting symptoms and changes in patients' conditions
- Interacting with co-workers and other hospital staff, guests and patients providing outstanding customer service
So what experience are we looking for in our RNs?
- Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN) or Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited school.
- One year of emergency nursing experience preferred. Two years of acute care nursing experience preferred.
- Current RN license or compact RN license to practice in Texas.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) required before hire. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required before hire.
- Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC) required within 18 months of employment. Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC) required before hire for experienced nurses and before end of orientation for graduate nurses
- CEN preferred
Now that you read about what you will be doing and the experience we seek, it is time to apply and make a difference in our patients' lives.