RN On-Call / PRN Shifts
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/7/2020
END DATE 7/8/2020
Good Samaritan Society
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY
Join our team of healthcare heroes, today!
Our facility takes top precautionary measures and continues to be a Covid-19 FREE facility!
We are committed to creating a home for our residents that is much like their own a welcoming and loving place. We are honored to provide exceptional care and services to seniors and others in need in our community. Good Samaritan Society-Arlington is a 25-bed facility offering long-term nursing home care, post-acute rehabilitation services and outpatient therapy.
We are currently looking for a RN to join our team of nursing heroes! * On-Call / PRN Shifts - Work as your schedule allows!
* Great family and community oriented facility
* $2/hour evening & $3/hour night shift differentiald
* Competitive Wages
* Annual wage increases
* Virtual interviews scheduled daily
COME JOIN THE TEAM TODAY!
Easy Apply Process
Mobile Device Friendly
This position provides care to assigned residents in a caring, safe and efficient manner and is responsible to perform the following according to location standards, procedures and individualized resident care plans: * Completes comprehensive nursing assessment of all residents on admission and on an ongoing basis according to state and federal regulations using the nursing process (assessment, diagnosis, intervention and evaluation).
* Assures assigned residents receive ordered medication, treatments and other procedures within defined time frames, utilizing appropriate infection control procedures.
* Obtains equipment / supplies to provide care as needed. Assures procedures are followed for pressure ulcers, dehydration, malnutrition, incontinence, pain and medication administration.
* Accurately completes glucometer testing and control monitoring according to procedure. Implements specific approaches to deal with behavior, enhances residents mood state according to resident care plan.
* Assures resident care for assigned residents is completed through reviewing documentation and updating as necessary.
* Uses the EMR accurately.
* Documents all actions taken related to admission, discharge, transfers or death.
* Documents incidents or accidents in resident record and all necessary forms (incident reports, etc.)
* Assists/participates in quality improvement process, including audits and corrective procedures as assigned.
* May complete the assigned portions of the MDS for Nursing and sign the MDS forms to signify completion of the process.
* Assures physician s orders are processed and physicians notified in a timely manner.
* Makes rounds with physicians as assigned.
* Attends or obtains resident report prior to beginning shift.
* Responds promptly to resident call lights.
* Directs and assists with resident, family/significant other education. Notifies family on condition changes etc.
* Reports / assures timely follow up of signs / symptoms of resident infections.
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
* Prior work experience in like or related position preferred.
* Maintains required certification / qualifications and associated standards.
* Licensure for state of practice is required.
* Knowledge of basic nursing skills; knowledge and familiarity with the therapeutic effects and side effects of all medications administered.