RN - On-Call /PRN Shift 9/13/2020
Good Samaritan Society
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Location: Good Samaritan Society Arlington
Address: 411 Seventh Ave NW, Arlington, MN 55307-0645 USA
Employment Type: PRN
Shift: Various Shifts Available
On-Call/PRN Status RN - Work as your schedule allows!!
* Great family and community oriented facility
* $2/hour evening & $3/hour night shift differentials
* Competitive Wages
* Annual wage increases
* Virtual interviews scheduled daily
We are committed to creating a home for our residents that is much like their own a welcoming and loving place. We are honored to provide exceptional care and services to seniors and others in need in our community. Good Samaritan Society-Arlington is a 25-bed facility offering long-term nursing home care, post-acute rehabilitation services and outpatient therapy.
This position provides care to assigned residents in a caring, safe and efficient manner and is responsible to perform the following according to location standards, procedures and individualized resident care plans
* Completes comprehensive nursing assessment of all residents on admission and on an ongoing basis according to state and federal regulations using the nursing process (assessment, diagnosis, intervention and evaluation).
* Assures assigned residents receive ordered medication, treatments and other procedures within defined time frames, utilizing appropriate infection control procedures.
* Obtains equipment / supplies to provide care as needed. Assures procedures are followed for pressure ulcers, dehydration, malnutrition, incontinence, pain and medication administration.
* Accurately completes glucometer testing and control monitoring according to procedure. Implements specific approaches to deal with behavior, enhances residents mood state according to resident care plan.
* Assures resident care for assigned residents is completed through reviewing documentation and updating as necessary.
* Uses the EMR accurately.
* Documents all actions taken related to admission, discharge, transfers or death.
* Documents incidents or accidents in resident record and all necessary forms (incident reports, etc.)
* Assists/participates in quality improvement process, including audits and corrective procedures as assigned.
* May complete the assigned portions of the MDS for Nursing and sign the MDS forms to signify completion of the process.
* Assures physician s orders are processed and physicians notified in a timely manner.
* Makes rounds with physicians as assigned.
* Attends or obtains resident report prior to beginning shift.
* Responds promptly to resident call lights.
* Directs and assists with resident, family/significant other education. Notifies family on condition changes etc.
* Reports / assures timely follow up of signs / symptoms of resident infections.
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
* Prior work experience in like or related position preferred.
* Maintains required certification / qualifications and associated standards.
* Licensure for state of practice is required.
* Knowledge of basic nursing skills; knowledge and familiarity with the therapeutic effects and side effects of all medications administered.
The Good Samaritan Society offers an attractive, employee-approved benefits package for qualifying full-time and part-time employees. The variety of benefits include health benefits, a retirement plan, work/life balance benefits, voluntary benefits and much more! To review all of the great benefits and benefit eligibility, visit https//www.good-sam.com/jobs/benefits
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or other protected status. For more information including state-specific protections, please visit https//www.good-sam.com/lp/careers/eeo-and-affirmative-action
Req ID: req48227