RN, OR Circulator-Surgery, M-F 6:30a- 5:00p w/ Rotating day Off, w/ Call 6/4/2020
UT Health East
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Advancing Healthcare Together - The Future of Healthcare is in East Texas
Why UT Health - East Texas?
Our People. Our people truly are our greatest strength. They make a massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day. We work closely together to create a positive experience for our patients and each other.
Our Purpose. We will build on your experience and provide meaningful and purposeful career growth for your future. You will have the opportunity every day to make a difference in someone's life and change the course of healthcare.
Our Place. Tyler, Texas is a small town with a huge heart where you will have the privilege of caring for your neighbors. Everybody is somebody here.
Representing the very best in healthcare, UT Health East Texas is comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 50 clinics across east Texas. With nearly 7,500 employees and over 1,000 licensed in-patient beds, UT Health East Texas provides healthcare services to thousands of patients annually through our hospitals, clinics, Level 1 trauma facility, air emergency fleet and EMS service in a metropolitan service area of a quarter-million people.
Our Tyler hospital is seeking an experienced Registered Nurse. We are looking for your experience, knowledge and patient care skills in our Surgery/OR where you will be responsible for:
What You Will Be Doing:
- Assesses the physiological, psychological, and psychosocial health status of the infant, pediatric, adult and geriatric age groups in a systematic and continuous manner, to initiate the nursing process.
- Formulates a nursing diagnosis and care plan based on individual patient care assessment needs
- Maintains accurate, concise, legible, and complete records while assuring patient confidentiality.
- Performs in the scrub and/or circulating role a variety of routine/complex procedures with confidence and competence.
- Utilizes equipment/ instruments with standard operating procedures to facilitate expected outcome for patients.
- Participate in Quality and Process Improvements by collecting and monitoring data for performance improvement to produce quality and excellent patient outcome.
- Monitoring the changes in the patients' condition including the recording and reporting of symptoms, assessing vital signs and intervening when appropriate.
- Supporting the culture of quality with delivery of quality nursing care to decrease potential harm to other patients and peers
- Participating actively in UTHET's performance improvement process as it relates to nursing practices and procedures
- Monitoring, recording, and reporting symptoms and changes in patients' conditions
Interacting with co-workers and other hospital staff, guests and patients providing outstanding customer service
So what experience are we looking for in our RNs?
- Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN) or Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited school.
- AORN Priop 101 preferred.
- Prior OR recent experience required.
- Current RN license or compact RN license to practice in Texas.
- BLS American Heart Association certification.
Now that you read about what you will be doing and the experience we seek, it is time to apply and make a difference in the lives of our patients.
UT Health East Texas is an equal opportunity employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities)..