RN - PRN - Tier 3 - SICU 8/25/2020
Einstein Healthcare Network
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Description
What are we made of* Some would say the very best healthcare professionals. Others would say our excellence and ability to create new treatments and technologies. And while that's all true, we are more. We are made of a belief that care should never be delivered without compassion. That treating patients is our job but treating people is our difference. At Einstein, we are more than medicine. That's what we're made of.
Are you ready to join the team that's more than medicine*
Einstein Medical Center Philadelphia, a tertiary care teaching hospital with a Level One Trauma center is seeking new and experienced nurses to join our Surgical/ Trauma ICU.
The Surgical/ Trauma ICU (SICU) serves patients with severe trauma; major neurosurgical, abdominal, vascular, or thoracic surgery; kidney, liver and pancreas transplants; and complicated orthopedic surgery. Our multidisciplinary approach to patient care, academic setting and dedication to the community makes the SICU a rewarding place to work.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
* Participating in development and evaluation of nursing practices provided in the clinical setting and the overall function of the clinical area.
* Planning and provision of comprehensive nursing care to a specific group of patients and delivery of medical regimens prescribed for those patients by a licensed physician, and participation in the identification and resolution of nursing practice and unit problems.
* This is a tier 3 position which requires the following commitment during a 6 week schedule:
* Minimum Commitment - 60 Hours
* Weekend Requirement - 36 Hours(inc in Min)
* Holiday Requirement - 1 Winter & 1 Summer
IF YOU POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS, PLEASE APPLY IMMEDIATELY:
* Bachelor's degree in Nursing required
* Current Pennsylvania RN license, active and in good standing is required At least one year of surgical/ trauma ICU RN experience required.
* ACLS certification required
* Certificate or proof of attendance for a Basic Nurse Trauma Course approved by the PA Trauma Systems Foundation.
* Certificate or proof of attendance for a Critical Care Course (may require proof of curriculum if not AACN) or CCRN.
* Successful completion of a skills based test required.
EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK IS A PRIVATE, NOT FOR PROFIT ORGANIZATION WITH SEVERAL MAJOR FACILITIES AND MANY OUTPATIENT CENTERS. OUR PRIMARY MISSION IS TO PROVIDE COMPASSIONATE, HIGH QUALITY HEALTHCARE TO THE GREATER PHILADELPHIA REGION. EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK PROMOTES WELLNESS. RESEARCH HAS SHOWN THAT SMOKING IS DANGEROUS TO THE HEALTH OF SMOKERS AND TO OTHERS. EINSTEIN CAMPUSES ARE TOBACCO AND SMOKE FREE.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.