RN - Surgical Specialty - Elkins Park 8/19/2020
Einstein Healthcare Network
Elkins Rk, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Description
What are we made of* Some would say the very best healthcare professionals. Others would say our excellence and ability to create new treatments and technologies. And while that's all true, we are more. We are made of a belief that care should never be delivered without compassion. That treating patients is our job but treating people is our difference. At Einstein, we are more than medicine. That's what we're made of.
Are you ready to join the team that's more than medicine*
Einstein Medical Center in beautiful Elkins Park is seeking experienced Operating Room nurses to join our highly innovative and state of the art Surgical Services team.
Elkins Park boasts the best amenities usually found in an urban hospital in a beautiful suburban tree-lined setting. Elkins Park Hospital/Moss Rehab is home to a state of the art Robotic Program, a Center of Excellence for Bariatric Surgery, and a full-service Knee & Hip Joint Replacement program. We are fortunate our facility is co-located with Moss Rehab, which was named, Top Ten Rehabilitation programs in the nation. If any of this makes you as excited as we are and you have a BSN, 1 to 3 years of O.R. experience, CNOR preferred, please give us a call.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL ASSUME IMMEDIATE RESPONSIBILITY FOR:
* General, Urology, GYN and Robotic Surgery
* Serve as a member of the surgical team by planning the perioperative care for surgical patients
* Participate in identification and resolution of nursing practice and unit problems
IF YOU POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS, PLEASE APPLY IMMEDIATELY:
* Bachelor's degree in Nursing required
* Current Pennsylvania RN license, active and in good standing is required
* CPR certification through the American Heart Association required
* 2 years OR experience required
* Experience with Laparoscopic and Robotic cases strongly preferred.
* Able to manage certain daily patient care activities in the perioperative setting required
* Proficient in scrubbing and circulating required
* Computer literacy required
* Successful completion of a skills based test required
* Travel between Einstein locations required
EINSTEIN MEDICAL CENTER ELKINS PARK IS A 60 BED GENERAL ACUTE CARE HOSPITAL LOCATED ON A 30 ACRE SUBURBAN CAMPUS IN MONTGOMERY COUNTY. WE ARE COMMITTED TO PROVIDING THE COMMUNITY WITH PROMPT, PERSONALIZED AND HIGH QUALITY HEALTHCARE IN A FRIENDLY, COMFORTABLE ENVIRONMENT. EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK PROMOTES WELLNESS. RESEARCH HAS SHOWN THAT SMOKING IS DANGEROUS TO THE HEALTH OF SMOKERS AND TO OTHERS. EINSTEIN CAMPUSES ARE TOBACCO AND SMOKE FREE.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.