Route Sales - Driver - H&S Distribution Baltimore Depot (Rosedale, MD) 8/22/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary:
This is a hands-on position involving customer service, sales, delivery and account collection. Requires physically demanding work and includes ensuring effective customer communications, managing a route independently and promoting route growth through active personal sales and account retention. Must be a self-organized individual with a professional demeanor; have solid organizational and management skills and an excellent driving record.
Primary Job Duties
* Deliver, display and sell Bakery products to customers in an assigned area.
* Serve all customers on assigned route making as many as 40 stops per day.
* Track customer sales by maintaining order files, collections information and route history.
* Handle customer relations by learning customer store policies affecting bakery product and establishing a professional relationship.
* Identify problems with route and notify sales manager.
* Know and meet sales goals according to company standards.
* Check assigned truck before loading. Keep truck clean and notify maintenance of necessary repairs.
* Check product during load to ensure customer orders are correct and product is ready for delivery. Secure load to prevent product damage.
* Manage schedule to make deliveries timely.
* Practice and comply with all company policies and procedures including work rules, etc.
* Maintain close contact with Sales Manager and perform other duties as assigned.
* Must have a valid Driver's License.
* Must be able to enter & exit truck on a routine basis.
* Must be able to deliver stacks of bread to customer's facility, which may require items to be carried down or up stairs or to other difficult to reach locations.
* Must be able to maneuver and move stacks of bread (stacks of bread can weigh as much as 100-300 LBS) from warehouse to truck to customer using a bread hook.
* Must be able to reach top of stack (Bread is delivered to the Distribution Centers stacked 16 trays high - approx. 6-7 feet) and break stacks down to load trucks.
* Must maintain a professional appearance including proper uniform attire, personal hygiene and grooming.
* Must be able to distinguish product dates and related coding.
* Must be able to communicate clearly and distinctly.
* Must be able to read and comprehend policies and procedures.
Experience: One year or more of experience in sales environment.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Northeast Foods is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.