Roving Engineer 8/22/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB TITLE
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Primary Purpose of Position:
Maintain the integrity of all building systems, operate the building in an efficient manner, and perform a variety of tenant services while maintaining positive tenant relations in accordance with the companies established operational and safety procedures.
* Perform and/or oversee the day-to-day efficient operation, maintenance and repair of all building and site systems for assigned properties. Building systems include but are not limited to HVAC, electrical, lighting, plumbing, energy management, water treatment, hardware, keying and fire protection.
* Perform and/or oversee the installation, fabrication, construction, troubleshooting and repair or maintenance of complex mechanical and electrical equipment independently.
* Receive work assignments, plan and/or generate work to be performed and obtain necessary tools, equipment and materials. Complete assignments and paperwork in a timely manner.
* Oversee and/or assist Building Engineers and Maintenance Technicians with troubleshooting of building systems as needed.
* Assist in the monitoring of contractors, inspecting work and generating deficiency lists.
* Provide proper care to the assigned equipment, tools, and uniforms. Keep the shop, penthouse equipment rooms and common areas clean, organized and safe.
* Follow and/or oversee inspection and service procedures outlined in the preventive maintenance and loss control programs. Coordinate, conduct and/or provide support in the day-to-day completion, organization and accuracy of preventive maintenance and loss control.
* Accurately complete tenant requests, repair work and related records for the respective site/buildings as required. Follow applicable government / local authority requirements (e.g. Orders of Condition) and other records for assigned properties.
* Regularly inspect all areas of the site/building(s) and report deficiencies as well as suggestions for improvements and take initiative to correct as appropriate.
* Employ service procedures and techniques in accordance with established procedures.
* Maintain logs on daily activities and events as required.
* Provide technical support to the Lead and Chief Engineer. Assist in the technical training of less experienced staff.
* Effectively communicate to the appropriate party/parties the status and activity of building operations and conditions and promptly report any potential or existing problems.
* Available for various shifts, to fill in for other staff, and to work extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays to ensure adequate building coverage and perform necessary repairs as needed. Respond to after hours emergencies such as fire, flooding, severe weather, power outage and other related situations including clean-up activities per on-call procedures or as requested in critical situations.
* Promote and maintain a high standard in the operation and appearance of the properties. Promote, establish and maintain positive relations with tenants via proactive communication, routine follow-up and a high level of customer service.
* Assist in the monitoring and implementation of OSHA requirements.
* May procure vendor/contract prices for mechanical parts, equipment and tools.
* Perform other duties as assigned..
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* High School diploma or equivalent educational certification preferred.
* A minimum of 4 to 6 years as an Engineer 1 or equivalant
* Comprehensive training and certification in HVAC and other technologies relating to building engineering and/or equivalent job related training and experience.
* Ability to work independently with limited supervision in a fast paced environment and deal effectively with multiple, simultaneous deadlines and projects. Ability to organize and coordinate work efficiently, set priorities and optimize the performance of others.
* Advanced knowledge of OSHA, NEC and NFC codes and regulations.
* Ability to participate in on-call schedule for after hour calls required. This may include working alternative schedules during on-call period (e.g. 7:00am 3:30pm or 12:00pm 8:30pm, etc.)
* Strong technical and problem solving abilities including those related to mechanical controls and Building Automation Systems.
* Intermediate skills necessary to operate computer for general day to day work and communications.
* Ability to effectively communicate in writing as needed.
* Strong working knowledge of web based work order systems, such as Angus, Interwise, Energy Link or similar required.
* Demonstrate exemplary tenant relation skills. Project a positive appearance and attitude at all times.
* Flexibility to work at various properties that may be assigned from time to time.
* Possess knowledge of safe and efficient operation of all equipment, power and hand tools, including but not limited to, a snow blower.
* Valid driver s license and satisfactory driving record when required.
* Licenses(s) for applicable jurisdiction and equipment as required based on location:
* Massachusetts Properties - Refrigeration License with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
* Regularly required to stand, walk, reach and use arms to perform tasks as well as push and pull objects and grasp with hands.
* Regular use of various machinery and tools, including but not limited to, a snow blower.
* Regularly required to talk and hear and occasionally required to smell.
* Frequently required to sit, stoop, crouch, kneel, crawl, balance, climb stairs and ladders, work at heights and in environments with temperature ranges both while working outside and inside.
* Occasionally required to work around vibration or noise as well as dust.
* Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. and occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
* Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception.
* Involves movement between departments, buildings, and floors to facilitate work.
* May require the ability to operate a vehicle (i.e. truck, van, utility cart, etc.) or small tractor
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.