RVP, Operations 8/21/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION SUMMARY:
This position is responsible for driving results of a designated number of ASCs under the leadership and advice of a Senior Division Vice President. Oversight typically includes $50mm+ in revenue in a multisite and multimarket environment. Responsibilities include leadership, strategy and governance working in collaboration with an onsite facility leader and physician partners.
This is a remote position.
* Acts as the "Trusted Partner" for Physicians and leads Center level strategic and business planning process for multimarket ASCs
* Provides strategic direction and oversight to the facility Partnership
* Oversees and identifies strategic goals for the facility Partnership
* Responsible for overall governance of ASC facilities
* Drives short and long term growth
* Identifies and introduces appropriate new initiatives
Partnership Relationship and Center Management
* Builds successful relationships between AMSURG and the Physicians
* Addresses physician, center director and staff issues quickly and effectively
* Mentors and leads Center Director/Administrator
* Collaborates with several service line experts and support departments in a matrix organization
* Mitigates legal issues and manages the following HR programs for corporate direct reports and assigned Centers
* Performance evaluation
* Goal setting
* Functions as the primary AMSURG point of contact for Partnership
* Presents and influences adoption of new strategic initiatives
* Engages AMSURG resources, ensures accountability and execution of priorities
* Communicates regularly with center leadership, physicians partners and medical staff
* Responsible for overall management of financial performance of assigned centers - meet earnings against budget
* Develop strategies to grow case volume
* Develops center level budget
* Ensure awareness of financial performance and answers questions on variances to budget and expectations s
* Leads and facilitates Partnership Planning/Board Meetings as Board Chair
* Leads meeting agenda creation and solicits input from Physician partners and other stakeholders
* Responsible for oversight of the following areas with assistance of AMSURG resources
* Quality oversight
* Risk Mgmt
* Regulatory compliance
* Take the lead on reporting regulatory issues, ASC industry updates, lobbying efforts to the Operating Board
Corporate Resource Management
* Develops and mentors Center Directors - provides guidance and training recommendations
* Articulates corporate initiatives and develops plans to support them
* Brokers all appropriate Corporate resources when needed - knows when, how and why to engage them
* Acts as AMSURG expert related to available Corporate resources and when to use them
* Maintains ownership of situations when Corporate resources are engaged to ensure satisfactory resolution
* Plans, organizes and communicates with leadership, AMSURG resources, and Center staff
* Coordinates and schedules work related travel effectively and efficiently
Partnership Agreement Management
* Drives all agreements to execution including
* Legal agreements
* Ancillary agreements
* HR/Management agreements
* Employee leasing agreements
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
MHA, MBA or equivalent work experience with a minimum of five (5) years experience in a senior management role within the healthcare services industry required. Knowledge of Ambulatory Surgery Center operations required.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals and percentages.
Ability to understand, read, write and speak English. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to successfully write business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions and professionally interact with managers, employees, clients, vendors and the general public.
Ability to recognize and define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and correct errors. Ability to understand and interpret basic financial data. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in a variety of forms and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work, and achieves results with little oversight. Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities. Earns others' trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions. Understands and learns from what others say. Manages own time, priorities, and resources to achieve goals. Conveys ideas and facts orally using language the audience will best understand. Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables. Conveys ideas and facts in writing using language the reader will best understand. Must be able to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks effectively and efficiently while maintaining a professional, courteous manner. Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Must be detail oriented and organized. High integrity, including maintenance of confidential information. Must be able to exercise good judgment and positively influence and lead others, including handling confrontations with poise and efficiency. Proficient computer skills (including, but not limited to accounting software; Windows based spreadsheet/word processing package, Internet and email) required. Based on business need, the ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends as approved in advance.
CORPORATE CORE VALUES
Puzzle Solving-Turning challenges into opportunities in a collaborative, agile and creative way
Excellence-On a never-ending quest to improve and exceed expectations
Ownership-Taking responsibility for our actions, relationships and partners' success
Positive Environment-Respectful, caring, trusting and supportive of the team
Leadership-Leading by example, staying true to our values and dreams
Ethics-Committing to always doing the right thing guided by integrity and transparency
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of computer. Required specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Envision Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.