RVP, State & Local Sales 8/22/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Salesforce is seeking a Leader to join our Public Sector sales team to drive revenue growth from net new prospects, while leading a team of sales executives. This individual will have exceptional team leadership skills, proven ability to develop sales talent, understand public sector, account strategy and how to execute a sales management process with discipline and cadence. This role requires a subject matter expert who has deep domain expertise within the STATE & LOCAL SPACE. Working in this position, you develop and maintain an excitement about utilizing the latest technology to help public sector businesses deliver key services to their customers.
* Establish sales objectives by creating a sales plan and quota for region in support of national objectives
* Expand customer base by counseling account executives; building and maintaining rapport with key customers; and working directly with reports on key new prospect opportunities
* Meet quota responsibility for territory
* Roll up individual forecasts to regional commitment
* Work with direct reports on defining and executing regional sales plans
* Provide regular reporting of pipeline and forecast using Salesforce and other tools
* Effectively and efficiently engage Public Sector Executives and resources at appropriate stages in the sales cycle if needed to grow and advance the sale
* Responsible for hiring and managing direct reports as needed
* Identify, uncover, and develop new account opportunities within a given territory
* Proven sales management experience with experience in the Public Sector vertical, specifically selling to State & Local customers.
* Knowledge of complex, multi-vendor selling cycles
* Must have proven Solution Selling experience into IT and Mission Owners
* Demonstrated team management responsibilities including quota ownership for direct reports
ACCOMMODATIONS - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.