SaaS Database Application Admin, NSW 5/6/2020
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE/JOB POSITION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION
The SaaS Database Application Administrator is part of Nokia Hosted Services team which is tasked with supporting Nokia enterprise-class hosting environment consisting of Weblogic/Tomcat/Apache application servers, Oracle databases, Sun clusters, Hitachi Disk sub-systems, and Cisco network infrastructure, all running in a 24x7x52 environment. This position will perform the planning, deployment and on-going support of new systems & applications as needed. Work with team members to monitor and manage hosted applications and databases and escalate according to established procedures.
Successful candidate must have demonstrated success with full life cycle technical and project leadership of the deployment and support of high-availability, high-volume and enterprise-class web application environments. Experience working in a high-tech organization with the skills necessary to maintain agility and to make critical decisions under pressure in a fast-paced environment. Demonstrated experience in creating and troubleshooting enterprise services that necessitated the understanding of the complex interactions among applications, databases, server operating systems, internet/network protocols, and client configurations. A keen understanding of application and data security issues surrounding such an environment is also required.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / FUNCTIONS:
A strong problem-solving methodology and the ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization as well as external vendors is required. Experience with the implementation of processes, procedures, and results metrics for the purpose of continuous operational improvement and SLA creation and adherence is required.
* Senior member of a team responsible for day-to-day maintenance of a large application farms of Web/Java applications and Oracle databases
* Unix/Windows based web & database applications support, multi-location server/application design and operations of the Hosted environment
* Application software upgrades and migrations
* Application configuration and management
* Monitoring applications, databases and other services
* Staging and testing of new releases, new customers and new applications
* Contribute to design enhancements of application infrastructure architecture to support business growth
* Efficient deployment of new applications base installations
* First line of response to troubleshooting new and existing systems/applications.
* Reporting the performance levels of the application, databases and Unix systems
* Leadership and growth of technical staff
* Work with department managers and internal teams to analyze and resolve problems associated with technical issues in the Hosted environment
* Ensure company s policies and standards are followed
* Change control principles
* Reporting SLA status principles
* Propose methodologies and best practices for delivering outstanding service.
* Must be available for 24x7 support in accordance with the needs and defined customer SLA s.
The position may require very limited travel (although quite unlikely). In addition, some weekends and/or extended hours may be required (very limited)
Location: Candidate should be located in: Austin, TX; Naperville, IL; or San Jose, CA.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE)
* Bachelor s Degree in a job-related discipline (or equivalent work experience) required
* Minimum 7 years of experience with supporting Web/application farm architectures and technologies (Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSpehere, Apache, IIS, SSL, Java & JDBC)
* Minimum 7 years of experience with Unix and Windows OS technologies.
* Familiarity with RDBMS databases (preferably Oracle), Reporting and data analysis
* Good understanding of network (WAN and LAN) routing, TCP, IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP, and other related internet protocols
* Experience with Planning, Design, Implementation, and support of large web-based applications
* Experience with server clustering and load balancing technologies for high availability
* Good understanding of multi-tier and high-transaction web/internet applications
* Experience with Enterprise Monitoring tools, Change Management and Incident Management
* Team player
* Excellent communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills
* Must have ability to deal with complex concepts and details
* Fast, self-starter with strong quantitative skills
* Overall Experience Range: 7 - 10 years
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE)
* Oracle Database Administration
* Data Warehouse and ETL Administration
* Cisco Network Administration
* Zabbix monitoring tool
* Travel: 10%
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information or ancestry, protected Veteran or military status, or other characteristics protected by law.