Safety, Health & Environmental Specialist 5/6/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Phillips-Medisize, LLC is seeking a Safety, Health & Environmental Specialist to administer the facility safety, security, health, environmental, and energy programs resulting in a safe and healthy working environment for employees, and to ensure compliance with applicable government regulations.
Essential Functions include:
* Implementation of safety, security and environmental programs and required written documentation to support these programs
* Oversees the safety function for the assigned facility and partners with onsite management and other resources to ensure local program ownership and accountability.
* Oversee the Site(s) Security policy and procedures and act as lead in communicating policy and practices, facilitating training and in response to security situations.
* Support, implement and maintain the Environmental Management System (EMS) with formal corrective actions to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations as well as company policies and procedures
* Complete environmental permits, reports, forms and surveys as required by regulation and/or company policy and procedures, and submit them on a timely basis and in a professional manner
* Assures the appropriate, effective, and timely facilitation of all required safety and environmental training programs for the facility
* Assures compliance with various governmental record-keeping requirements, as well as, company metrics, and effectively communicates results to corporate safety and environmental management in addition to Plant Management as needed
* Serve as the sitesu0027 primary interface with government agencies for the purpose of understanding the regulations and to ensure compliance
* Conduct safety, health & environmental compliance self-audits, support external audits and hold an annual review of the safety, health & environmental management system with the management team
* Perform Job Task Analysis for input into ADA compliant job descriptions
Required Qualifications Skills and Abilities:
* B.S. or B.A. degree or the equivalent experience in fields of safety, health or environmental sciences
* 5+ years related experience in the field of safety, health or environment within manufacturing
* Skill in performing safety inspections ensuring compliance with all safety & environmental regulatory standards.
* Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
* Knowledge of federal, state and local safety regulations, protocols, and/or procedures.
This position does not qualify for VISA sponsorship
About Phillips-Medisize, LLC
Phillips-Medisize, LLC, a Molex company, is a leading global outsource provider of design and manufacturing services to the drug delivery, consumable diagnostics, medical device and specialty commercial markets.
Molex, LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran