Safety Manager 9/13/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY There is a reason that Clark is a leader in the construction industry. Simply put, its our people. You can play a critical role in the future of our cities and communities with a career at Clark Construction. From monuments and museums, to stadiums, hospitals, universities, highways, hotels and more, Clark has shaped Americas skyline for over a century. Our work leaves a lasting legacy; the same goes for our people. We owe our success to the leadership, talent, and drive of our employees. With a wide range of opportunities from management, to finance, to engineering and more, explore the many ways to grow your career and build your own legacy at Clark.Come be a part of our team, today!
The Safety Manager works to ensure the safety of employees, subcontractors, and the general public on the project. The Safety Manager is responsible for enforcing Clark's Safety and Health Policy as well as local and federal safety standards on jobsites. In addition, this position is responsible for conducting employee safety training and consults with project supervisors to develop safe work plans for all phases and tasks. Successful candidates will exemplify safety as a value.
* Oversee and ensure the safety of employees, subcontractors, and general public.
* Enforce corporate and project specific safety and health programs as well as federal, state, and local safety standards.
* Assist in development and coordination of project specific safety program.
* Identify known/potential exposures and recommend corrective action.
* Report project specific safety performance and future plans.
* Develop, coordinate, and implement overall project specific safety programs.
* Work closely with field supervision to plan more complex safety aspects of the project construction including critical lifts, hazardous material handling, etc.
* Develop project specific safety training for jobsite personnel including subcontractors.
* Coordinate third party safety reviews including OSHA.
* Undergraduate degree in safety and health or related discipline.
* 5 + years relevant construction safety experience.
* Experience with Army Corps of Engineer projects a plus
* Able to manage multiple, competing priorities in a deadline driven environment.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate and influence supervisors, peers, and external partners.
* Proof of training/competency in managing crane, fall protection, excavation, scaffolds, and heavy equipment safety.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Clark Construction Group, LLC, (subsidiaries and affiliates) is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Clark Construction promotes a drug-free workplace.