Safety Services Spec 6/3/2020
Ste Michelle Wine Estates
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is a premium wine company that is proud to call Washington State our home. We are a collection of distinctive wine estates and maker of some of the finest wines in the world because we value our vineyards and the art of wine-making. This focus has resulted in our ability to offer our consumers extraordinary and distinctive wines from some of the best regions in the world.
We are currently seeking highly qualified candidates for a Safety Services Specialist to join our team at Columbia Crest Winery in Paterson, WA. Implement safety programs and cultivate employee safety culture under the direction of the Manager of Health and Safety. Provide technical research, documentation, and continuous improvement of all safety and health related programs for SMWE Eastern WA facilities. Assist in the administration of all EH&S programs at all locations ensuring compliance with local, state and federal laws pertaining to safety, health, and environment.
What you will do:
* Assist in the development and continuous improvement of the safety management system
* Manage the industrial hygiene equipment inventory and perform calibrations
* Maintain and routinely test emergency preparedness plans
* Provide emergency first aid or ensure emergency first aid is available
* Lead emergency response teams for high risk facilities and locations
* Participate in Employee Safety Committee meetings
* Assist in developing Safety related programs and policies, strong and demonstrable working knowledge in electrical safe work practices (ESWP), NFPA 70E and lockout/tag out (LO/TO) programs
* Conduct inspections and audits of operations.
* Assist in the continued development of Safety Programs
* Maintain company compliance with safety related local, state and federal regulations
* Review capital projects for safety and health impacts
* Conduct and document incident investigations
* Assist with maintenance of safety records and documentation
* Develop and deliver safety training modules
* Assist with maintenance of inventory, ordering and stocking of safety supplies as applicable, maintain contact and compliance with insurance company consultants, Labor & Industries Representatives, law enforcement (both county and state), Department of Ecology (DOE), Factory Mutual Engineers (loss management, inspections, fire protection and new program planning), local fire departments/emergency service organizations for training, area physicians, hospitals, clinics and occupational medical case management personnel for treatment, referrals and other health issues, and other local, state and federal officers.
What you will bring:
* Bachelor's Degree in safety related field a plus
* Advanced certification such as a CIH, CSP a plus
* Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) license or emergency medical response background a plus
* Experience conducting ergonomic assessments in manufacturing, agriculture or industrial settings
* Experience in hearing conservation programs
* Proven technical writing skills
* Proven training skills
* Prior Six Sigma Lean training desirable
* Computer literacy (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, AutoCAD, Visio) - able to demonstrate proficiencies
* Familiarity with state and federal safety regulations
* Strong understanding of EPA worker protection standard and pesticide management
* Bilingual capabilities (English/Spanish) a plus
* Must have a strong and demonstrable knowledge of manufacturing, production, safety equipment (types and uses), construction, electric and building codes, Washington Administration Codes (WAC's), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) codes and standards, knowledge to interpret safety data sheet information.
* Completion of forklift safety instructor courses required.
* Working knowledge of noise and air monitoring equipment.
* History of responsible use of alcohol and other appropriate conduct, as well as fitness to be licensed, permitted, and/or certified by state and/or local regulatory bodies.
Who you are:
* You are Curious and continuously learn and grow your capabilities.
* You respect and value the power of Conversation to bring people together, learn and solve problems.
* You value Inclusion and work to create an environment where everyone feels welcomed and every voice is heard.
* You are Innovative and have the courage to pursue new ideas.
* You make an Impact by being bold and taking action.
We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing opportunities for training, development and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health insurance, participation in our pension 401k programs and incentive compensation programs as well as a relocation assistance package.
Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class. Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department at 425-488-1133.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Additional BenefitsRetirement Income Plan
Matching Gifts for Education
Matching Gifts for Charitible Organizations