This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/13/2019
END DATE 11/28/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONSafety Specialist
Reference Code: 61293
Location: United States (US) - Leetonia, OH or Medina, OH
Job Category: Health, Safety, Environment; Operations
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 11/26/2019
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Our USGO North East Region Operations team is seeking an experienced, knowledgeable safety leader to provide active leadership and ensure adherence to corporate policies, practices and procedures.
Reporting to the Director of USGO North East, the Safety Specialist will act as a technical expert for safety risk identification and mitigation during routine pipeline maintenance and operations, projects and construction activities. The successful individual will possess demonstrated leadership capabilities to include a proven track record of influencing and motivating core staff, line management and contractors, resulting in positive outcomes.
This individual must be a solid facilitator, capable of working with minimal supervision, who possesses strategic decision making, problem solving, organizational and written/verbal communication skills.
Depending on the location of the successful candidate, this position may be filled in Leetonia, Ohio or Medina, Ohio.
What you ll do
* Provide leadership, guidance and mentoring to regional personnel on safety processes and issues
* Conduct safety training as required to instruct employees in safe work practices and emergency procedures
* Provide occupational health & safety guidance and support for regional site/area managers
* General oversight and technical support of various fire protection systems, regulatory permits, staff certifications, record keeping and related inspections, tests and preventative maintenance
* General oversight and technical support of employee medical surveillance, respirator fit testing, noise surveys, PPE selection/administration, onsite hazardous material management, general waste management and facility safety equipment maintenance (spill kits, first aid, showers, etc.)
* Conduct and act as an expert resource for incident and accident investigations resulting in innovative and practical solutions
* Act as liaison with corporate Safety and Engineering departments and other regions with the intent of sharing best practices resolving escalated issues
* Develop plans, injury prevention programs, specialty training materials and related actions to mitigate risks identified or related to incidents, regulatory events, hazard advisories, best practices and facility projects
* Design, plan, budget, deliver and lead regional safety programs that support regional and corporate business plans
* Maintain statistical databases, trending and reports for regional leadership
* Conduct and monitor employee/contractor safety and emergency response training
* Work closely with the regional Joint Health & Safety committee
* Lead frequent facility safety inspections
* Manage on-site hazardous material issues
* Interact with regulators and external visitors during onsite inspections
* Support general compliance in facility oil and chemical handling, spill response, equipment maintenance and related record keeping
* Correct safety deficiencies upon discovery and take actions to reduce risk
* Design, develop and maintain health and safety policies and programs
* Assist in the development and implementation of employee safety programs
* Carry out periodic safety inspections to monitor compliance to safety programs
* Assist in the implementation of safety programs
* Carry out inspections to monitor compliance to federal, provincial and local regulations
* Carry out special studies of accidents and causes and maintain safety-related records
* Other tasks as required
* Post-secondary education in health and safety, OH&S certification or equivalent combination of education and experience
* 6 or more years of related experience
* Experience with loss control, risk management and safety programs
* Certified Safety Professional or Certified Industrial Hygienist
* Knowledge of the natural gas or energy industry
* Technical acumen in confined space, electrical safety, lock out tag out (LOTO), hot work, elevated work, process safety, vehicle safety and related areas
* Demonstrated leadership experience
This position requires candidates to
* Have and maintain a valid driver s license and safe driving record
* Successfully complete a pre-employment medical screening, including drug and alcohol testing
* Be subject to call out 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and extended workdays and/or workweeks for emergency response purposes
* Travel to other company locations for temporary assignments, meetings or training which would involve some overnight stays away from home
* Climb ladders and stairs, wear a respirator, work in extreme temperatures and walk extensively in indoor and outdoor industrial areas
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Our 57,500-mile natural gas pipeline network is positioned in two of the most prolific and lowest cost basins in North America the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin (WCSB) and the Appalachian Basin. Our systems are well placed to meet the continent s growing demand for clean-burning natural gas by connecting the supply in these basins to important and growing markets across the continent. We supply more than 25 percent of the clean-burning natural gas consumed daily across North America, heating homes, fueling industries and generating power. To learn more about our natural gas business, please visit https://www.tcenergy.com/operations/natural-gas/
Apply to this posting by 11/26/2019 using reference code 61293. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Use a desktop or laptop computer to avoid system errors.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program supervised by the U.S. government.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.