Sales Associate I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/5/2019
END DATE 11/20/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Sales Associate 1
* Responsible for the Pension Risk Transfer (PRT) sales transactions for the Retirement Solutions Division (RSD)
* Responsibilities include bid/quote review, new sales development, and post-sale communication and oversight
* High level relationship management responsibilities to clients, sales intermediaries, and other internal/external partners
* Up to 10% travel required (Industry meetings/Conferences and due diligence meetings)
* Pre-sale: Analyze and review assigned PRT quote requests including the Request for Proposal (RFP), census data, and other information provided. Document key aspects of each potential opportunity, and make preliminary recommendations based on established guidelines. (15%)
* Relationship Management: Responsible for the DC Distribution market. Serve as the point of contact between the sales intermediary and internal teams during the bidding process, facilitate all aspects of the bidding activity, and ensure that the quote provided adheres to the RFP. Build and maintain strong relationships with sales intermediaries in the PRT marketplace. Keep abreast of developments in the PRT marketplace by attending industry conferences, meetings, and webinars. (35%)
* Bids Won: Serve as the liaison between the client, sales intermediary, and internal units on new placements. Schedule and coordinate on-going periodic onboarding status calls with all interested parties upon each sale. Responsible and accountable for the accurate and effective takeover of new sales ensuring all aspects of the post-sale process have been covered for each new placement and adheres to the final bid specifications prior to the transition to Operations. (40%)
* Assist and contribute to ad hoc projects as assigned by Manager, Director or VP. (10%)
* Bachelor s degree in business administration, marketing, finance or related field
* 3-5 years experience with Pension Risk Transfer including sales, quoting, legal document review and relationship building/marketing (preferred)
* 3-5 years experience in the insurance industry (preferred)
* Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, presentation and leadership skills
* Computer proficient in Excel and MS Word
* Life Insurance license preferred (obtained in first year)
Advanced degrees and/or designations a plus (FSA, MBA, CFA, etc.)
Join the Pacific Life team and watch your career grow! We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: Competitive salary and bonus program Medical, dental, and vision as part our commitment in investing in the health and wellbeing of our employees Two retirement savings plans: 401k savings plan with company match and Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid) Generous vacation time and holiday pay And much more!
Pacific Life Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at Pacific Life Insurance Company.
About Pacific Life
WHERE YOUR POTENTIAL MEETS OUR PURPOSE:
At Pacific Life, you are given the opportunities and challenges to embrace your potential and achieve your personal best, every day. What you find here is something special it s purposeful work done with a shared set of values that brings us all together.
Pacific Life offers life insurance, annuities, and mutual funds, along with a variety of investment products and services, all of which provide The Power to Help You Succeed. Headquartered in Newport Beach, CA, Pacific Life is a Fortune 500 company with approximately 2800 employees. We pride ourselves in providing a work environment that is challenging, inclusive, collaborative and results-oriented. We firmly believe each employee plays a part in our continued growth and success.