Sales & Marketing Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/7/2019
END DATE 1/24/2020
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC)
JOB DESCRIPTIONCompany Profile:
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves. The company has a history of superior earnings growth and was the fourth best performing stock in the S&P 500 during the last decade, up 1580%.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over $10 billion solely owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. employs more than 30,000 people worldwide. PCC has over 170 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
PCC Aerostructures now includes 39 plants in the U.S, Europe and Asia with over 5500 employees and has ambitious growth plans.Businesses within PCC Aerostructures include Primus International, SPS Aerostructures, Centra, Avibank and AVK, Klune, ProCoat, Southwest United Industries, Progressive Incorporated, Synchronous, and Kalistrut. Plants locations include Washington, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, Ohio, Canada, Mexico, the UK and China.
Southwest United Industries was established in 1953. Today it is an industry leader in providing complete metal finishing services as well as aviation component repair and overhaul from its 130,000 ft facility in Tulsa. Southwest primarily serves the Aerospace & Defense industries but also supports the medical, oil & gas, and general industrial base as well.
Our services include chrome, cadmium, and nickel plating; plasma and HVOF thermal spray coating; hard, chromic, boric, and sulfuric anodizing, including chemical conversion coating; all types of painting, including dry film lube and Teflon; non-destructive testing; shot peening; all types of precision grinding including OD, ID, surface, spherical, and super-finishing. Southwest maintains NADCAP accreditation for all processes as well as an extensive list of customer specific approvals including Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Bell Helicopter, Northrop Grumman, Goodrich, Messier-Dowty, Gulfstream, Bombardier, Embraer, Honeywell, Parker, and Cessna.
Southwest United has a highly skilled team of coating and production engineers along with an outstanding support staff that bring with them many hundreds of years of combined experience. Southwest United, through these outstanding team members, offers unrivaled quality and service. Southwest United is committed to continuous improvement in order to provide our customers with improved coatings solutions while reducing the costs and lead time.
For the past 60 years the vision of Southwest United has remained consistent: "To be the best full-service, single-source, metal finishing company in North America."
The Sales Representative will be key to strengthening existing customer relationships and developing relationships with new customers, resulting in increased profits and market share. This position will establish, track, report, and manage the Sales and Estimating team s metrics and activities. They will report to the Sr. Manager of Business Operations.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
* Personally manage customer accounts to achieve sales growth objectives while developing strong relationships with those customers.
* Identify significant sales opportunities and devise strategic initiatives to win long term agreements with key customers.
* Develop and build mutually beneficial relationships with new customers through collaborative negotiation that creates win-win situations.
* Maintain and grow EBIT by deploying a sales strategy focused on both volume and high margin services that mitigate risk using current customer forecasts and OEM build rates.
* Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales targets and strategies for assigned areas or customers.
* Participate effectively in the planning process, including sales discussions, building opportunity channels, and quote log follow-up documentation.
* Develop, monitor, analyze, and report on sales activities.
* Generate sales opportunities through face to face, verbal (telephone), and written communications with the existing and potential customers.
* Work effectively and proactively with Program Management and Operations to keep a general understanding of shop loading status, lead-times for items, and plant capacity.
* Organize sales trips to meet with prospects, participate in trade shows, and follow-up with existing customers.
* Develop and manage marketing requirements and material needs including website, catalogues, flyers, brochures, etc.
* Oversee Estimating for all customers, ensuring quotes are competitive and mutually beneficial for both parties.
* Work with various US and International OEM, overhaul, and government agencies to identify and develop opportunities for new business growth in the MRO market.
* Monitor customer satisfaction through Company tools to ensure strong service levels are maintained.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Excellent people skills with an ability to read the customer in order to close sales
* Strong communication skills, including verbal, written, and presentation
* Ability to negotiate favorable terms with customers, including price and delivery
* Skilled at analyzing market and trend data
* Self-starter able to satisfy business demands with minimum direct supervision
* Adept at using technology
* Ability to travel up to 50%
Required Experience and Education:
* Bachelor s degree in Business, Sales, Marketing or a related field
* 2+ years of experience in a Sales and Marketing position
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.