Sales & Operations Planning Process Analyst (S&OP)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/6/2019
END DATE 2/5/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAt Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Position Mission / Summary
As part of the Demand Planning team, this individual will be responsible for a demand plan that effectively characterizes future customer demand and the impact of price, new product development, share, and market. As part of our commercial team, they will execute our business strategies and objectives by working with sales and marketing to develop winning solutions and market based pricing that maximizes GPI's profitability and implementing price models that maximize price recovery of inflation. This position is located in our Corporate Headquarters in Atlanta, GA or our Divisional Headquarters in Concord, NH.
Position Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
* Using statistical, trend and historical analysis collaborate with leadership and other team members to develop a short and long range forecast.
* Update and publish by month a two year demand plan/deck that identifies the critical elements of price, share, new product development, and market by customer and die. Revisit this demand plan weekly/monthly based upon changes in the critical elements.
* Identify the relative cost/benefit of these demand plans for Senior Managements review and approval.
* Work with the Commercial/Pricing Managers to establish and implement processes and systems to gather/access pertinent customer/market/competitive intelligence in a timely fashion for use in pricing and forecasting decisions.
* Provide valuable insights (to include modeling) on the economy, our business revenue and profitability, pricing performance, market performance, customer performance and competitive/market intelligence.
* Forecast, track and audit contractual price recovery, rebates, commissions and other contractually agreed to pricing for all customer supply agreements.
* All other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for this job. The employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties, as assigned by immediate manager and other management personnel.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.
* Strong communication and meeting facilitation skills
* Well-organized and high level of attention to detail
* Focuses on both short-term results and long-term goals
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to draw conclusions and insights
* Can quickly identify deviations from expected results and other disruptions and can promptly resolve any issues
* Project management and time management skills required
* Strong written and presentation construction skills to communicate process, concepts, data, scenarios, and other critical information
* Strong analytical skills and experienced in finding and understanding data and data patterns
* Knowledge of forecasting processes in sales, marketing operations, finance and manufacturing.
* Deep knowledge in demand forecasting, statistical modelling, using analytical tools and various sources of data.
* SAP knowledge and experience with S&OP/IBP software solutions required - Proficiency using technology tools that enable demand planning and reporting.
Education / Knowledge
* Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, or related field
* MBA desirable
* Proficiency in advanced analytical and statistical modelling tools