Sales Representative, Southwestern US Territory - Phoenix, AZ 8/20/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Corporate Overview
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Construction & Energy (HCE) focuses on products to support four business segments: Connectors, Grounding & Tooling, Gas Connectors & Accessories, Harsh & Hazardous, and Distribution. With markets in renewable energy, lighting, transportation, data center, telecom, utility, extreme environment, gas and water distribution, power generation and oil & gas, we guarantee that our products set the standards for industry solutions. Our success not only depends on our value proposition, but on the strength, knowledge and expertise of our employees.
The Southwest Plumbing and Propane Sales Representative, HGCA is responsible for selling product to manufacturer or distributor to business and industrial establishments. This position will cover AZ, Southern CA, NM and the Las Vegas, NV area. Duties and Responsibilities
* Develops and implements overall sales plan for territory with individual account strategies including account profile, competitive landscape, customer share and market price points for specific items.
* Provides sales forecasts and sets performance goals consistent with corporate objectives.
* Communicates market intelligence immediately to the proper internal department.
* Utilizes reporting tools and process including weekly itinerary, call reports, month forecast updates, sample follow-up, and contact data update.
* Ability at present to all appropriate levels of account promoting services and product offering.
* Ability to specify products and explain or demonstrate product application to engineering and operations.
* Knowledge and understanding of inventory control processes.
* Knowledge and understanding of logistic and supply chain management.
* Participate in the justification of total business case including ROI to justify long term opportunities.
* Ability to overcome customer objections to profitably close new business.
* Analytical evaluation of problem to develop an effective solution.
* Professional communication, follow-up and correspondence with customer.
Continued Duties and Responsibilities
* Establish and retain long term customer relationships.
* Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs and price schedules.
* Travels throughout assigned territory.
* Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product.
* Delivers sales presentations to key clients.
* Analyzes and controls expenditures of territory to conform to budgetary requirements.
* Assists other departments within organization to prepare manuals and technical publications.
* Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition.
* Works with inside sales representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date.
* Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts.
* Investigates and resolves customer problems.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.